DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Hacking weapons

Hacking weapons

Hi all,

I'm working in Savage 2077, a fan adaptation of Cyberpunk 2077 to SWADE. As per CP2077 a character can try to hack the enemies cyberware or smart weapons so I've created a new AB (Hacking) and new powers (hacks) to do it.

There is a hack (power) to hacking weapons and hacker can set some effects to her target weapon like lost accuracy (Shooting -1) or less fire power... Well, I made a try by typing [>Ranged Damage -1] in the power effect entry but it is not working.

How can I get the target of a power being affected by a damage mod coming from a power effect?

Thanks in advance.
    Nébula Rol

So you dare to cross the Veil… Oh, adventurer! Do you think there won’t be consequences, perhaps?

Sakrynia: The Land of Tears

In my understanding you can't use an effect for a specific weapon attack or damage in the CT. I guess the effect in the CT must be something like [shooting damage - 1] and when you use it for an attack with one specific weapon under the combat tab you can use it with [>shooting damage - 1]

Greetings

It should work with [ranged damage - 1] as well but the > is just used in the weapon entry itself to limit the effect to just this one attack

Now I had the time to test it. You can make an effect entry in your the Hacking Power and write [ranged damage -1] without the >. Then target the enemy in the CT and drag the effect from the power entry on it (or just click the effect button in the power). The next time, the target of the power deals damage with his ranged weapon, it´s damage is reduced by 1. You can´t affect just one specific weapon that way just all ranged weapons used during the effect of the power.

[Shooting damage -1] as I mentioned in my other post above is wrong, because shooting affects only the attack roll and not the damage roll, of course

An approach is to create custom effects. Custom effects can be dropped on a specific weapon on a character sheet.
    You could have the players do this themselves. To make this easier, you can drop the effect into chat and have them drag it from there.
    This approach is the only thing that works on weapons. Dragging from a power's effect onto a weapon doesn't work. Neither does dragging an effect from chat onto a weapon. (I think this is a bug.)

In case you're not sure how to do this, here's an example.

Add custom effects
    Code:
    Hacked Damage [Damage -2]
    Code:
    Accuracy [Attack +1d]
    When the hacker buffs or debuffs, you drop the effect into chat and the player(s) drag from chat to the specific weapon. Or drag it from the effects list directly onto a weapon.

In chat it looks like
    Code:
    Hacked Damage [Damage -2]
    or
    Code:
    Accuracy [Attack +1d]
    On the weapon it looks like
    [CODE[>#HackedDamage][/CODE]
    or
    Code:
    [>#Accuracy]
    The roll looks like
    Code:
    Vibroblade damage (Hacked Damage -2)
    or
    Code:
    Pistol (Affected by Accuracy)
    Using the more generic verbs allows you to apply it to any weapon.

Thanks @TomtheBu and @Mike Serfass. I appreciate a lot your comments. And I've get my effects working now
    Nébula Rol

So you dare to cross the Veil… Oh, adventurer! Do you think there won’t be consequences, perhaps?

Sakrynia: The Land of Tears

Thread Information