5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

unable to make .mod file that will be recognised by unity.

I had a series of talks with one of your people concerning the problems I am experiencing making a .mod file. I am using the Savage Worlds extension and do not know if this makes any difference. I have followed the instruction from the wiki and other sources but the file is not seen when the program is opened. I am trying to add tokens to a file. I have even tried using one of the files given with unity and changed the name and also the definition.xlm file name, it is still not showing up when the program is opened.

If it's purely a token module then you won't see that in the module activation screen in FGU - access the tokens straight from the Asset -> Tokens window.

If you're still having issues, create an example module with only a couple of records and post that here for us to review.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    If it's purely a token module then you won't see that in the module activation screen in FGU - access the tokens straight from the Asset -> Tokens window.

If you're still having issues, create an example module with only a couple of records and post that here for us to review.
    Don't appear to be able to attach a .mod file

Quote Originally Posted by Dionigi View Post
    Don't appear to be able to attach a .mod file
    You should be able to. Click the "Go Advanced" button when editing a reply and click the paperclip attach icon to open the attachment window.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

You should be able to. Click the "Go Advanced" button when editing a reply and click the paperclip attach icon to open the attachment window.
    You don't even need to do that, just use the Insert Image option and select the .mod file, the forum doesn't mind if its not an image.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    You don't even need to do that, just use the Insert Image option and select the .mod file, the forum doesn't mind if its not an image.
    This doesn't always work. There's been a few instances recently where the "ATTACH" link appeared, but the attachment wasn't available.

This doesn't always work. There's been a few instances recently where the "ATTACH" link appeared, but the attachment wasn't available.
    I wonder whether this is because of editing behaviour of the user; files uploaded like that are also shown in the attachment window when editing, maybe they deleted it there then which would break the link (but that is just guessing; I personally never had that problem)

mod file not showing up in assets

Attached is the mod file, with only 2 tokens, that does not show up in the assets folder.

[MODERATOR: removed module now that the issue has been identified.]
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 24th, 2021 at 13:23. Reason: Removed module now the issue has been identified

I think your interior folder needs to be called tokens, not characters.

That is what I always did for token modules I created.

This is from one I created:

EDIT: Yup, as soon as I renamed the folder from Characters to tokens, it worked fine for me.

Last edited by Sulimo; March 24th, 2021 at 02:31.

Thread Information