STAR TREK 2d20

Gang-Up Bonus applied.. because of Blood Splat Tokens on Map

I just did a combat, and the NPC got Gang up bonus even though his allies had all been removed from the tracker and were just blood splats on the map - moving the blood splats removed the bonus.

Using latest SWADE and latest Lankhmar, not sure if its a general bug or Lankhmar specific.

EDIT: Unity.
    Last edited by Jiminimonka; February 26th, 2021 at 15:57.

I've had weird gang up stuff over the past year. Sometimes it didn't calculate it all in one combat and the next it worked. While I can't see why it would be Lankhmar specific as it should just be using the SWADE ruleset for stuff like Gang-up, I just tried it in my Flash Gordon campaign and the Gang-Up bonus went down each time I incapacitated one of the surrounding NPCs so they turned into a blood splatter

This is an old bug that I reported a long time ago, but since I am not able to replicate it, devs have not been able to fix it.

Its anoying, yes.

To be fair, fresh blood on the battlefield can be dangerous. You can't just ignore slipping on it. That counts as gang-up, right?

Yeah...it does seem to pop up randomly from time to time...I've had it happen on a map and then using the same map later no issue. Same game session even

Yesterday this bug occurred in DLWW game.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Also sometimes targeting doesnt work because the blood splats are on top of the active token...

I personally would swear that this bug was squashed as it does not occur in my games.

I play last Friday night with mooks that were being one-shotted by the party's main combatant and he was surrounded by blood splatters during the combat.

There were no gang up bonuses being applied except when multiple mooks were attacking him.
    Thanks In Advance,
    D

Yeah...I haven't seen it in awhile myself but based on these comments I'm guessing there is some rare circumstances that cause it to happen

Thread Information