DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Map crashing

Map crashing

Please help,
    After the update when I want to pull the map over the full screen with the little arrow on the top right corner of the image, the system is first not responding and then after a couple seconds just crashes.
    Anyone know is that a known issue?

After the crash, please collect the FG logs. Start FG after the crash, on the main startup screen click the horizontal bars button in the top left (to the left of the folder icon) to open the console window, then click "Compile Logs". Attach the resulting ZIP file here.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hi,
    Tnx for reply, I have restarted the laptop and again tried to load the map and now it does not crash but the thing is when I want to spread the map over the full screen as mentioned earlier with the little arrow on the top, it is like loading for some time and it shows the map but everything is slow and unresponsive can move the map, can't close the fgu, cant open any of the options on the side bar, it's just frozen. I am sending the logs if it helps determine the issue but as I told you this time it did not crash but works horribly.
    Attached Files Attached Files

There's currently a bug in FGU that when placing the map to the background; it grows to fit the size of the image instead of the size of the application window. This means that really big maps would really start to bog down the system. If this is what is causing the slowdown, you can workaround by resizing the application window each time after sending an image to background. It will be fixed when the lighting build is ready, but we don't have an announced date yet.

Also, depending on your machine hardware; you can try reducing the load on the graphics engine (smaller map, less LoS, turn off FX, etc.); or using the vsync command to reduce frame rate (/vsync 2, /vsync 3, /vsync 4) (default is /vsync 1).

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information