5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Getting a Status Update for Star Trek: Adventures on Fantasy Grounds

Hi all. I'm sure more than a few of us have been waiting for the official supported Star Trek: Adventures Campaign Set to be reviewed and OK'd by Fantasy Grounds. One of the main reasons I purchased Fantasy Grounds was to run a Campaign using Modiphius's Star Trek Rules. Since last year I've been more or less getting by with the Community build, but its been a long time with not many updates. I know I'm not the only one who is more than a little frustrated with the lag in the release and I think I've been pretty faithfully sticking with it. With that said, can we get an official update from Fantasy Grounds on the status of Star Trek Adventures and maybe a little in the way of an estimated time frame for realease?

I could be wrong, but I do not believe SmiteWorks (the company that makes Fantasy Grounds) is actually working on this.

It is being done by a third party that Modiphius chose to work with. Looks like that is Nerd Eye.

You might be better off asking Nerd Eye or Modiphius directly, but it seems there has not been an update for a bit.

I've gotten an update from Nerd Eye. The work in the campaign set is done and appears to work fine. We're just waiting for FG to review and OK the set, but that's been waiting for months it seems.

I seriously doubt SmiteWorks is the bottleneck here.

I know when a module needed to be published for a ruleset I use, it had to go back to the publisher for their QA before it could be published in the store here.

Just a guess, but either Modiphius or CBS/Paramount is doing some QA on it. Nothing SmiteWorks can do about either of those.

Try reaching out to Modiphius to see what they have to say.

It can take awhile to get through review, sometimes months.

Yes, but can we get that as an official update from someone at Fantasy Grounds? Somebody must know.

Patience. I don't think anyone really knows. When everything has been looked at and there's nothing left to fix, it'll be released. Pretty much the only mods that get release dates are 5e products.

It feels weird this guy is trying to ask for an official status update and all the responses are basically "Why would you expect to ever get an answer to that question? Just be quiet and wait."

It seems like a reasonable ask, even if the official response is "It's not in our control and we don't know".

Blog Entries
    Instead of just be quite and wait, I think the answer is if it were in SmiteWorks control then they could give an answer, but since they haven't, it means it's probably not in their control.

Of course since they can't monitor every post on the forums with a reasonable level of resource support, it's very possible the correct person has not seen this request. The best way to get official replies from SmiteWorks is to ask them directly via the support portal; https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...stomer/portals

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I have not heard that the ruleset and modules for STA have been submitted to our production coordinator nor placed in our patch system repository. I'm not generally involved in pushing store DLC unless fixing them or making sure they work with CoreRPG layer; though I try to be aware of new rulesets in process. I've asked @ddavison to respond; since he may have better visibility.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information