DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: ROF automation

Thank you kindly for the help. I had the SF Companion laser rifle by mistake.

I’ll read up on the effects this afternoon. next session will go a lot better now.

I only started using FGs last spring (I assume a lot of others did too for some reason :/ ) but group fell apart in the summer and since Sept we've been more just playing Theater of the Mind with the Savage Dice roller in Discord. However, I'm prepping to run Flash Gordon in Fantasy Grounds so getting back into it. I learned a lot from watching Doswelk's actual plays. You can see what he's doing from his end...like I didn't realize I could just start typing effects on the CT and they'll pop up (use Tab I think to autofill - gotta retest it now). Anyway, here's a link to his Youtube channel where you can watch his videos and see how he does things

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHS...hY6mBFZvhCSkOQ

There's also the official Fantasy Grounds youtube channel, but since they're always DnD orientated it's not as useful

https://www.youtube.com/c/Fantasygrounds

Also, there's the Fantasy Grounds Discord server where a lot of us hang out in the Savage Worlds channel. It's where I learned a lot from Doswelk and Ikael
    Last edited by IceBear; February 25th, 2021 at 12:36.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetsquid View Post
    Thank you kindly for the help. I had the SF Companion laser rifle by mistake.

I’ll read up on the effects this afternoon. next session will go a lot better now.
    Yeah, you need to keep in mind that the Companions (Fantasy, SF, Horror and Supers) haven't been updated to SWADE yet so they're not 100% compatible. They're going to be updated (hopefully this year) but you kind of need to understand SWADE so you can modify where needed.

Not sure what's going to happen with purchasers of the companions on FGs when they're updated to SWADE in print. I sort of doubt they'll just update them to SWADE for free...might have to rebuy (hopefully with a discount).
    Last edited by IceBear; February 25th, 2021 at 12:41.

Quote Originally Posted by IceBear View Post
    Yeah, you need to keep in mind that the Companions (Fantasy, SF, Horror and Supers) haven't been updated to SWADE yet so they're not 100% compatible. They're going to be updated (hopefully this year) but you kind of need to understand SWADE so you can modify where needed.

Not sure what's going to happen with purchasers of the companions on FGs when they're updated to SWADE in print. I sort of doubt they'll just update them to SWADE for free...might have to rebuy (hopefully with a discount).
    All those SW Deluxe products will probably get updated to SWADE for free, eventually. Small team, lots of work.

Hopefully but technically they are for Deluxe which is still a separate ruleset for Fantasy Grounds so it's not like they're obsolete. Like Deadlands Reloaded vs Deadlands Wild West

Thread Information