FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: Special Attacks

Special Attacks

I've been running DND sessions utilizing 3.5 DND awhile now. However, I haven't seen an ext or any update or upgrade way to work these particular special attacks. Right now I have a Monk who is using Combat maneuvers and it's taking up time moving through his turn every turn to go thru everything. In addition I don't want to miss something and would like it to be a bit easier to manage if possible. Anyone have any suggestions where to start to either do a Ext or if there is one already created to work on these ? Making a Trip attack requires a Melee Touch attack then a Strength Roll again the Targets Str or Dex. If they fail to succeed in the Str and Dex the opponent then can counter Trip using his Str vs the players Str or Dex.

Open to suggestions to make this easier as the melee option doesn't let him auto roll a Str Roll vs a Enemy or place the effect of prone when he succeeds which would be helpful to prevent me from having to manage.

Special Attack Brief Description
    Aid another Grant an ally a +2 bonus on attacks or AC
    Bull rush Push an opponent back 5 feet or more
    Charge Move up to twice your speed and attack with a +2 bonus
    Disarm Knock a weapon from your opponent’s hands, or grab a worn item
    Feint Negate your opponent’s Dex bonus to AC
    Grapple Wrestle with an opponent
    Mounted Combat Fight while riding your steed
    Overrun Plow past or over an opponent as you move
    Sunder Strike an opponent’s weapon or shield
    Throw splash weapon Throw container of dangerous liquid at target
    Trip Trip an opponent
    Turn (rebuke) undead Channel positive (or negative) energy to turn away (or awe) undead
    Two-weapon fighting Fight with a weapon in each hand

Quote Originally Posted by Chalmes95 View Post
    I've been running DND sessions utilizing 3.5 DND awhile now. However, I haven't seen an ext or any update or upgrade way to work these particular special attacks. Right now I have a Monk who is using Combat maneuvers and it's taking up time moving through his turn every turn to go thru everything. In addition I don't want to miss something and would like it to be a bit easier to manage if possible. Anyone have any suggestions where to start to either do a Ext or if there is one already created to work on these ? Making a Trip attack requires a Melee Touch attack then a Strength Roll again the Targets Str or Dex. If they fail to succeed in the Str and Dex the opponent then can counter Trip using his Str vs the players Str or Dex.

Open to suggestions to make this easier as the melee option doesn't let him auto roll a Str Roll vs a Enemy or place the effect of prone when he succeeds which would be helpful to prevent me from having to manage.

Special Attack Brief Description
    Aid another Grant an ally a +2 bonus on attacks or AC
    Bull rush Push an opponent back 5 feet or more
    Charge Move up to twice your speed and attack with a +2 bonus
    Disarm Knock a weapon from your opponent’s hands, or grab a worn item
    Feint Negate your opponent’s Dex bonus to AC
    Grapple Wrestle with an opponent
    Mounted Combat Fight while riding your steed
    Overrun Plow past or over an opponent as you move
    Sunder Strike an opponent’s weapon or shield
    Throw splash weapon Throw container of dangerous liquid at target
    Trip Trip an opponent
    Turn (rebuke) undead Channel positive (or negative) energy to turn away (or awe) undead
    Two-weapon fighting Fight with a weapon in each hand
    I am not quite sure what you want here, are you guys using effects?
    Aid another is one rollor one round?)
    Aid or some kind of description optional; ATK: +2
    You can target this effect
    I could go on, but here is a link
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...p/3.5E_Effects

For trip, you can set it up as a spell, with one cast as melee touch, and since I do not play 3.5 only pathfinder I am not sure, but maybe one as strenght? In pathfinder we can do it because we have a CMB and CMD that works like AC vs attack roll. Then finally set up the spell with a "prone" effect.

combat maneuvers (cmb and cmd) was introduced by paizo in its pathfinder ruleset (dubbed dnd 3.75e). it is not part of dnd (the brand) 3.5

if you want to simplify you life, slowly update to using pathfinder ruleset (i.e. pf1, not pf2 which is a completely different game mechanics and rules).

that said, a lot of the monk's special attacks use the single cmb attack mechanics in pf1.
    monk just need to declare which, i.e. trip, disarm, etc, as each may have individual bonuses based on feats, etc
    all this is set up in fg. every pc / npc has cmb and cmd in its stats.
    when one creature attacks with cmb, it's set in fg to go against the opponent's cmd, so when monk tries to trip an opponent, use cmb attack.

all the stuff you mentioned can be done, for the most part, and automated. some require manual management. review how to set up effects here.

some quick feedback / solution (assuming you already know how to set up effects):
    • Aid another: effect script applied to target -- ATK: 2; or SKILL: 2 both for 1 round at a time
    • Bull rush: use cmb attack; review result and manually move number of squares per every 5 over opponent's cmd
    • Charge: 2 effects on self -- ATK: 2; and AC: -2; both set to 1 round
    • Disarm: use cmb attack
    • Feint: roll bluff as standard vs. opponent's sense motive or 10+hd+wis mod; if success, apply flat-footed; to opponent for next round (and sneak effect on self if apply: e.g. DMG: 2d6;)
    • Grapple: use cmb attack; apply grappled; on both self and opponent if success
    • Mounted Combat: create attack effects and apply to self
    • Overrun: use cmb attack
    • Sunder: use cmb attack
    • Throw splash weapon: create ranged touch attack weapon / damage and name appropriately, e.g. alchemist fire; create spell effect for splash with reflex save for half
    • Trip: use cmb attack; apply prone; on target if success
    • Turn (rebuke) undead, Channel positive energy: create spell effect with saves and half damage
    • Two-weapon fighting: create effect with appropriate attack penalties and apply to self; or create weapons with preset penalties

tldr: 1) monk's special attacks use cmb, and 2) you need to know about fg effects and how to create them in order to automate a lot of actions
    Last edited by tahl_liadon; February 25th, 2021 at 21:53.
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

Thread Information