FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 7 of 10 First ... 56789 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Mattekure, I think I know what happens: in your function calcHealthStatus you check for a Stable effect. I am not sure about the new way of the Health stuff in the code (I still need to look at the new code after the recent big patch), but the problem may be that the healthy, bloodied and wounded effects also call the health manager things (especially with IF); so, when effects are called and there is such an effect, then it activates health code and may see your stable effect check (in case someone is dieing, too, so a rare edge case). But that activates again the effect code, which will then again look at the health stuff because of such IF effects... Loop created!

I also had a stack overflow for my overlay stuff in 3.5e/PF1 and that was precisely the reason. However, I am not sure whether this applies to your case, I just quickly skimmed your code
    Thats interesting. @similarly Could you try this dev version and see if it resolves the issue.
    Last edited by mattekure; March 7th, 2021 at 16:03.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    I'm not seeing this at all. Do you have any unpacked rulesets in your ruleset directory? That particular line of code is in CoreRPG, and its just doing a type() function to see what type an actor is. Its not something I edit at all. Unless some other users can replicate this, I'm inclined to believe that you have a corrupted ruleset file or campaign.

Please try on a totally clean campaign.
    You're right. It's just that ONE campaign. I tried the dev version in a completely clean campaign. No problems. Tried the regular version in my test campaign (where I try things out), with all extensions and modules running: no problems. I had previously tried my main game campaign with all extensions turned off, and only status indicators on, but it still gave an error. If I have a corrupted ruleset file or campaign file, is there a way to fix that?

Quote Originally Posted by similarly View Post
    You're right. It's just that ONE campaign. I tried the dev version in a completely clean campaign. No problems. Tried the regular version in my test campaign (where I try things out), with all extensions and modules running: no problems. I had previously tried my main game campaign with all extensions turned off, and only status indicators on, but it still gave an error. If I have a corrupted ruleset file or campaign file, is there a way to fix that?
    Did you also try the dev version in the campaign you get the error? That is the important piece Mattekure needs to know (if it works with the new version in the problematic campaign, then you do not need to clean anything; maybe my assumption about the error is correct, which would also mean that it is something in the code)

corrupted ruleset file is easy to fix. just go into your FG Data/rulesets folder, and delete/move the contents elsewhere. Then run the FG updater, that will redownload all of the ruleset files fresh. If its the campaign thats corrupted, you might be able to recover by looking in the campaigns folder, make a backup copy of the db.xml and store it in another folder, just to be sure. then rename one of the recent db.session.xxx.xml files to db.xml. then restart the campaign in FG. that will cause FG to use the older session file. If you made changes to the campaign since the session that you are restoring, you could lose data (which is why you keep the original db.xml backup).
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

By the way, I just tested now with the non-dev version: I gave a PC an effect IF: bloodied; ATK: 100 and then I killed them with one blow; I immediately got the stack overflow error So, I may have been right with my assumption (but I hope that these steps help you to reproduce it). So, such an effect on someone dieing is what reproduces it The next round button reproduces it then, too (keeping that poor PC that in that process! )

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    By the way, I just tested now with the non-dev version: I gave a PC an effect IF: bloodied; ATK: 100 and then I killed them with one blow; I immediately got the stack overflow error So, I may have been right with my assumption (but I hope that these steps help you to reproduce it). So, such an effect on someone dieing is what reproduces it The next round button reproduces it then, too (keeping that poor PC that in that process! )
    thanks, I'll dig into it and see what I can do with it.

I used the dev version with my campaign, same error. The problem is the campaign. I did try using a backup, renaming a session to the db.xml. Same error.
    EDIT:
    Copied data from clean campaign, added back the images, and one by one added files from my back up. Seems to be all working now. As near as I can figure, the db.xml was messed up somehow.
    EDIT:
    Nope. Missed a step. At this about 3 hours now and still haven't quite nailed it down, but it does SEEM to be the db.xml. Working on it.
    EDIT:
    Tried copying the Data from my campaign db.xml into a copy of the db.xml from the test campaign that's NOT giving the error, and I still getting the error. So it's not the file itself but a code in the file somewhere.

I'm just not knowledgeable enough to dig through 188,000 lines of db.xml to look for the problem. I'm just going to have to let this one go and remove the ext.
    Last edited by similarly; March 7th, 2021 at 03:37.

I used the dev version with my campaign, same error. The problem is the campaign. I did try using a backup, renaming a session to the db.xml. Same error.
    EDIT:
    Copied data from clean campaign, added back the images, and one by one added files from my back up. Seems to be all working now. As near as I can figure, the db.xml was messed up somehow.
    EDIT:
    Nope. Missed a step. At this about 3 hours now and still haven't quite nailed it down, but it does SEEM to be the db.xml. Working on it.
    EDIT:
    Tried copying the Data from my campaign db.xml into a copy of the db.xml from the test campaign that's NOT giving the error, and I still getting the error. So it's not the file itself but a code in the file somewhere.

I'm just not knowledgeable enough to dig through 188,000 lines of db.xml to look for the problem. I'm just going to have to let this one go and remove the ext.
    I'll post here if I can reproduce it. Once I can reproduce it I should be able to figure out whats happening and fix it.

I appreciate it, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. Sounds like it's just something wrong with my file, and not anything actually wrong with your extension. It would be nice to use this extension, but I can live without it. I wouldn't want you to spend a lot of time on it. But thanks! I appreciate it.

I appreciate it, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. Sounds like it's just something wrong with my file, and not anything actually wrong with your extension. It would be nice to use this extension, but I can live without it. I wouldn't want you to spend a lot of time on it. But thanks! I appreciate it.
    Can you send a screenshot of your CT in that problematic campaign? (You may have overlooked my question above about your effect stuff )

Thread Information