5E Character Create Playlist
Page 6 of 10 First ... 45678 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by similarly View Post
    I just edited my post above.
    I decided I could live without 5e vision. Once 5e vision was gone, it worked as intended.

It SEEMS that 5e Vision and 5e Status Indicators have a weird effect on the manager_image.lua if used together. I'm all right without the vision extension though. This extension is way more useful to me, even if it's mostly a cosmetic change.
    I took a look and I dont think there is a way to make them compatible. Both extensions rely on getting access to the onSave() and applySave() functions. I try to call back to the original, but that extension just currently overrides it completely. so one or the other wont get executed.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

clicking on the scale, I have to click twice on 0.8 to get to the next one. So might be a bug here in the options?

Quote Originally Posted by Rino View Post
    clicking on the scale, I have to click twice on 0.8 to get to the next one. So might be a bug here in the options?
    Yeah, thats not anything I can affect. I get the same thing with other settings.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    I took a look and I dont think there is a way to make them compatible. Both extensions rely on getting access to the onSave() and applySave() functions. I try to call back to the original, but that extension just currently overrides it completely. so one or the other wont get executed.
    No worries. It happens sometimes. Luckily, this is a pretty easy choice for me, since I love having status indicators, and this status-indicator extension is my favorite so far.

Confirmed, it has stopped the conflict with Constitutional Amendments. Thank you so much for doing this, @mattekure.

I just logged on to see what was happening on the FG forums, and lo and behold! mattekure has solved all my extension problems! Thanks so much for your work with this!

I'm not sure what the conflict was, but tonight I started getting this error:
    Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_actor.lua"]:50: stack overflow
    It happened mostly when I pressed "next actor" on the combat tracker.
    Disabling this extension fixed the error. Not sure why.
    I'm going to test further and see if I can see what might be causing the problem.

EDIT:
    I turned off all other extensions. Still had error.
    NOTE: Using v8.

Turned all other extensions on, turned off 5e Status Indicator, error disappeared. Appears this error is 5eSI on its own.
    Last edited by similarly; March 6th, 2021 at 14:28.

I'm going to test further and see if I can see what might be causing the problem.

EDIT:

Turned all other extensions on, turned off 5e Status Indicator, error disappeared. Appears this error is 5eSI on its own.
    I'm not seeing this at all. Do you have any unpacked rulesets in your ruleset directory? That particular line of code is in CoreRPG, and its just doing a type() function to see what type an actor is. Its not something I edit at all. Unless some other users can replicate this, I'm inclined to believe that you have a corrupted ruleset file or campaign.

Please try on a totally clean campaign.

EDIT:

By any chance: Do you have somewhere an effect using descriptors like healthy, wounded, and bloodied? (I have some assumption coming from 3.5e/PF1, but I am not sure whether this applies to the 5e ruleset)

Mattekure, I think I know what happens: in your function calcHealthStatus you check for a Stable effect. I am not sure about the new way of the Health stuff in the code (I still need to look at the new code after the recent big patch), but the problem may be that the healthy, bloodied and wounded effects also call the health manager things (especially with IF); so, when effects are called and there is such an effect, then it activates health code and may see your stable effect check (in case someone is dieing, too, so a rare edge case). But that activates again the effect code, which will then again look at the health stuff because of such IF effects... Loop created!

I also had a stack overflow for my overlay stuff in 3.5e/PF1 and that was precisely the reason. However, I am not sure whether this applies to your case, I just quickly skimmed your code

Thread Information