DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 18 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    There is an incompatability with the "ammunition manager extension"
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...066#post594066

I have the latest live version, and when I only load ammunition manager + combat modifier I get a error when I:
    Target an enemy token and then double click on an attack (both melee and ranged throws error messages). I then get this error:
    script execution error: [string "attacks"]:35: attemt to call field 'hasLoadAction' (a nil value)

If I attack by drag and drop method I do not get an error message.
    I cross my fingers that this has an easy fix because I love both the "hit by x" amount from ammunition extension and the range penalty from combat modifier.

I also post this in the ammunition manager thread. And attached is the log file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

And I have a request. Since you already have automated point blank shot (which I think is awsome), is it possible to also include far shot?

Far shot:
    -1 on each range increment instead of -2

I haven’t used Ammunition Manager, but I’ll download it and see if I can track down the conflict.

Far Shot should be pretty easy to add in.

Updated to account for Far Shot feat.

Confirmed, it was not a conflict issue with bmos ammunition manager, it was only a bug in ammunition manager.
    I actually just yesterday updated to the latest live version (because I thought light sources update was out), and updated a bunch of extensions. With only this and ammunition manager loaded I got this error, but forgot to test only for ammunition manager since I have used that for a long time (but not the latest update )

I run Fantasy grounds unity with the latest live version. I started a new session with only this extension loaded.

This is a really nice extension, but I have one huge issue with it.

When you roll vs monster it works fine. But if you roll in the chat and drags the attack over to the monster this bug appears (see attachment).
    This also appears when I have rolled an attack vs monster, but I did something wrong. Maybe I forgot to add the flank bonus, so I put in +2 in the modifier box in the left bottom corner and drag the attack out again to the monster. Without this extension FG would then tell me if this attack was a hit or miss, but with this extension enabled I get the same error mesasge
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack_custom.lua"]:552: attempt to index local 'rSource' (a nil value)

I would be really really happy if this could be fixed. Adjusting an attack after we roll it vs monster happens several times each session for us, and it is a pain to roll it again instead of manually typing in a number and dragging the attack out from the chat.
    Attached Files Attached Files

And there is a compatability issue with range calculation when I try out this extension with the "token height" extension.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ight-Indicator

See screenshot. The problem is with larger monsters that takes up several spaces.

So what works. These extensions works well together in some ways. When I add height to a token the "combat modifier extension" takes into account the height and adds penalties correctly, at least for medium sized tokens.
    If we get larger tokens it calculates range incorrectly, see screenshot. This does not happen if I only run this extension, only if I also run the "token height" extension. Looks like something is overwriting another?

I do not know if this is an easy fix, but you would make me happy if it can be fixed.

Edit: I have the lastest fantasy grounds unity live version installed. And have the latest "combat modifier extension", and the latest "token height extension" loaded. Those are the only two extensions loaded.

Edit2: I also posted this in the other thread since I do not know if it is a compatibility problem, or a bug with the other extension.
    Last edited by Svandal; April 28th, 2021 at 19:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    When you roll vs monster it works fine. But if you roll in the chat and drags the attack over to the monster this bug appears (see attachment).
    This also appears when I have rolled an attack vs monster, but I did something wrong. Maybe I forgot to add the flank bonus, so I put in +2 in the modifier box in the left bottom corner and drag the attack out again to the monster. Without this extension FG would then tell me if this attack was a hit or miss, but with this extension enabled I get the same error mesasge
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack_custom.lua"]:552: attempt to index local 'rSource' (a nil value)

I would be really really happy if this could be fixed. Adjusting an attack after we roll it vs monster happens several times each session for us, and it is a pain to roll it again instead of manually typing in a number and dragging the attack out from the chat.
    I’m not entirely clear about what you’re doing. When you say “roll in the chat”, are you just dragging a die into the chat window, then dragging that result to a monster in the Combat Tracker? Or you just roll an attack without a target and drag the result? I’ve never tried doing that for anything but damage and healing.

I’ll look at this as soon as I can, probably not until tomorrow afternoon.

Compatibility with the height extension will take some more effort, since I’ve never looked at it, but I will.

I found some time after all, and I think I understand what you're doing now. The problem is that when you drag the attack result from chat to the CT, there is no "attacker". I've checked for that, so you won't get the error any more, but it still won't be able to do any of the flanking or range calculations.

Looks like you found the issue, but if you ever need to talk about the height extension, let me know - I'd be happy to help debug any incompatibilities.

Thread Information