FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 17 of 18 First ... 715161718 Last
    hi folks. happy new year!

a bit of assist here plz...

this extension shows as "on" in forge. however, when i load up fgu (pf1e), it is not listed in the extensions list at first-open in chat window. also none of the "what is does" mentioned in post #1 is available in the modifiers window.

what am i missing?
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

If you aren't seeing it in the extensions list for the campaign you may need to do a check for updates and try again.
    Also there may be a bug of some kind with this extension I started getting errors with it and melee weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by rmilmine View Post
    After much loading and unloading to figure out which extension was giving the error I found it was this one.

[12/28/2023 5:18:49 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "..ModifierCalculation:..n_attack_custom.lua"]:423: attempt to index a nil value

When a player tries to attack with a melee weapon they get the above error.
    The GM/Host does not get this error.
    It shouldn't matter if the attack is made by the GM or a player ("shouldn't", heh). What would affect it is they target that is being attacked. That part of the code is checking the type of the target, specifically to see if it is a swarm, as swarms are not subject to flanking. In the case of that error, whatever the target of the attack is doesn't have a "type" in the database.
    Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this. I've tried creating a new NPC and intentially not given it a type and it still returns an empty string rather than nil. I'll add some checking to catch this error though. If you can provide any details about what the player was attacking that may help (especially if it was an NPC from one of the PF Bestiaries, since I can look at them myself).
    Also, is this error coming up every attack at any target, or just a specific target?

Quote Originally Posted by tahl_liadon View Post
    hi folks. happy new year!

a bit of assist here plz...

this extension shows as "on" in forge. however, when i load up fgu (pf1e), it is not listed in the extensions list at first-open in chat window. also none of the "what is does" mentioned in post #1 is available in the modifiers window.

what am i missing?
    Looks active in the Forge to me as well. Do you see CombatModifierCalculation.ext in your \Fantasy Grounds\Data\extensions directory?
    If it's loaded the chat window should have this at startup:
    Combat Modifier Calculation v1.6
    Automatically calculate modifiers for flanking, range, and shooting into melee

I've uploaded a new build to Forge that will check for
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "..ModifierCalculation:..n_attack_custom.lua"]:423: attempt to index a nil value
    It will give a warning in chat "Target 'type' returns nil" if the situation causing that error occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by rmilmine View Post
    If you aren't seeing it in the extensions... do a check for updates and try again.
    that worked. thx!

Quote Originally Posted by dogfisc View Post
    ...chat window should have this at startup:
    Combat Modifier Calculation v1.6
    Automatically calculate modifiers for flanking, range, and shooting into melee
    it's showing up in the list now. thx!

however, (see image)

1) i am still not seeing the other 2 buttons?

"Adds buttons to the Modifiers window for shooting into melee and flanking.
    Puts buttons on the desktop for the three levels of cover, shooting into melee, flanking, and flat-footed."

2) assuming i can (can i?) reposition the dice, i don't think they are showing on desktop either?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -----

okay did a test crossbow (trap) attack...

a) i do notice extension auto-populated "rng30" in tracker
    b) crossbow has 80 ft range; which is fine, no penalty
    c) in chat window, "shoot melee -4" has been applied to all targets
    d) penalty to shoot into melee applies only if an ally of shooter is in melee

explain plz?

Attached Images Attached Images
    -----

I had to treat neutrals as either allied or enemy for purposes of shooting into melee, so I went with allied (logic being that if you don’t know that they’re hostile, the preference should be to avoid accidentally hitting them). If you change the trap to the hostile faction it won’t get the shooting into melee penalty against units in the friendly faction.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfisc View Post
    It shouldn't matter if the attack is made by the GM or a player ("shouldn't", heh). What would affect it is they target that is being attacked. That part of the code is checking the type of the target, specifically to see if it is a swarm, as swarms are not subject to flanking. In the case of that error, whatever the target of the attack is doesn't have a "type" in the database.
    Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this. I've tried creating a new NPC and intentially not given it a type and it still returns an empty string rather than nil. I'll add some checking to catch this error though. If you can provide any details about what the player was attacking that may help (especially if it was an NPC from one of the PF Bestiaries, since I can look at them myself).
    Also, is this error coming up every attack at any target, or just a specific target?
    The targets were other PCs at the time.
    The problem does appear to not be happening any longer, as I've not been able to replicate it.

Quote Originally Posted by tahl_liadon View Post

that worked. thx!

it's showing up in the list now. thx!

however, (see image)

1) i am still not seeing the other 2 buttons?

"Adds buttons to the Modifiers window for shooting into melee and flanking.
    Puts buttons on the desktop for the three levels of cover, shooting into melee, flanking, and flat-footed."

2) assuming i can (can i?) reposition the dice, i don't think they are showing on desktop either?
    Look under your dice. You will see buttons there. move your dice out of the way and you willl find the buttons you are looking for.

Thread Information