STAR TREK 2d20
Page 14 of 18 First ... 41213141516 ... Last
    A bug report:
    Point blank shot effect, this works most of the time. But sometimes I do not get the +1 to attack when making a ranged attack on the first attack of the round, but I always get it on the second attack.

I am not able to reproduce it every round. But there is a delay between when attacking and the effect ATK +1 and DMG +1 is applied that makes it not always trigger on the first attack. Is it possible to code in a delay when the code applies the effect to the character? That might fix this?

Edit: Look at attached screenshot. I started the turn and attacked an enemy, then I attacked an enemy again, both with the same ranged attack. As you can see the first attack has a +9 to hit, but the second attack has +10 to hit. Both should be +10, I did not add or remove any effects between the attacks. And as you can see the damage is the same for both attacks, so point blank shot works on both attacks for the damage.
    Bug report point blank shot.png
    Last edited by Svandal; May 25th, 2022 at 21:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    A bug report:
    Point blank shot effect, this works most of the time. But sometimes I do not get the +1 to attack when making a ranged attack on the first attack of the round, but I always get it on the second attack.

I am not able to reproduce it every round. But there is a delay between when attacking and the effect ATK +1 and DMG +1 is applied that makes it not always trigger on the first attack. Is it possible to code in a delay when the code applies the effect to the character? That might fix this?

Edit: Look at attached screenshot. I started the turn and attacked an enemy, then I attacked an enemy again, both with the same ranged attack. As you can see the first attack has a +9 to hit, but the second attack has +10 to hit. Both should be +10, I did not add or remove any effects between the attacks. And as you can see the damage is the same for both attacks, so point blank shot works on both attacks for the damage.
    Bug report point blank shot.png
    I just did some quick testing on my own campaign, and I was not able to reproduce it there. The error occured when I was a player, but we should be using the same extensions.
    I have to make some more testing with his campaign to see if I can reproduce it. Does anybody else have this issue?

Has the extension been removed from the forge? Canīt find it anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by tolkienoz View Post
    Has the extension been removed from the forge? Canīt find it anymore...
    Yes. It is currently unlisted.
    The previous link (as found in the first post of this thread) was: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/406/view
    The code for this extension is on github (and contains some improvements that weren't released): https://github.com/Dogfisc/combat-modifier-calc
    Last edited by bmos; August 11th, 2022 at 21:48.

It shouldn’t have been delisted. I must have done something wrong when I last updated it. It’s listed again now.

Hi dogfisc. I am not sure if you saw my post about expanding npc weapons.
    I have made a pull request on github where I have added a bunch of weapons for npcs.

I never wrote in this forum that I did this, so I am going to inform you now 😃

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    Hi dogfisc. I am not sure if you saw my post about expanding npc weapons.
    I have made a pull request on github where I have added a bunch of weapons for npcs.

I never wrote in this forum that I did this, so I am going to inform you now ��
    Finally got this in. I left “bolas” because that’s how it appears in the database when added to a PC, but also left your addition of “bola” in case there are NPCs coded that way.

Token Height Indicator vs. Combat Modifier Calculation

Hello dogfisc,
    I have encountered an incompatibility in-between your "Combat Modifier Calculation" and GKEnialb's "Token Height Indicator". There is no error message, but if the other extension is enabled (just enabled - you do not even need tokens on different "height"), your "Flanking" calculation is not applied. Both of you recently updated your corresponding extension - so the problem might also be on his side. I am therefore cross-posting the finding here.
    Arnagus
    Last edited by Arnagus; October 16th, 2022 at 15:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnagus View Post
    Hello dogfisc,
    I have encountered an incompatibility in-between your "Combat Modifier Calculation" and GKEnialb's "Token Height Indicator". There is no error message, but if the other extension is enabled (just enabled - you do not even need tokens on different "height"), your "Flanking" calculation is not applied. Both of you recently updated your corresponding extension - so the problem might also be on his side. I am therefore cross-posting the finding here.
    Arnagus
    Thanks, I responded in the other thread.

I've updated this extention to fix the compatibility issue with Token Height Indicator.

Thread Information