STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Modifier Field

Modifier Field

PFRPG1.0

I want to remove the Modifier field from the dashboard. I tried looking in the CorRPG file and i'm seeing it reference in multiple files. Any idea on how I can remove this from the dashboard without breaking FGU? So far when I nullify the lines using <!-- --> i'm getting load errors.

Modifier.png

I don't know if this will work, but try the following once the desktop has loaded:

Code:
    local wModifier = Interface.findWindow("modifierstack", "");
    if wModifier then
    	wModifier.close();
    end
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 15th, 2024 at 18:29. Reason: Edit of findWindow code
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Looks good. Is that in the CoreRPG/desktop/desktop_classes.xml?

Quote Originally Posted by L4wful3vil View Post
    Looks good. Is that in the CoreRPG/desktop/desktop_classes.xml?
    That's where the widowclass definition is. The base panel is in desktop\desktop_panels.xml
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Oh I just caught what you said. "...once the desktop has loaded". Type that code in the chat then?

Oh I just caught what you said. "...once the desktop has loaded". Type that code in the chat then?
    No, I think Trenloe means that the code must go into your extension in such a way that it runs once the desktop has loaded.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

This is base FG code, so you will need to write an extension with code to carry out the operation.

Use Interface.onDesktopInit to assign a handler. For example:

Code:
    function onInit()
    	Interface.onDesktopInit = closeModifierStack;
    end

function closeModifierStack()
    	local wModifier = Interface.findWindow("modifierstack", "");
    	if wModifier then
    		wModifier.close();
    	end
    end
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 15th, 2024 at 18:30. Reason: findWindow code update

I'm ok at looking through extensions and doing some minor editing and tweaking. I haven't taken on writing an extension yet. Anyway any of you all have the time to put one together?

Try the attached - it will appear as "Feature: Close modifier stack" in the extension list.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Actually you can just use this now; no need to register an event handler.

Code:
    function onTabletopInit()
    	closeModifierStack();
    end
    Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information