FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

Thread: 5E Save Overlay

Hi daddydoggerman,

love your implementation of the Save Overlay, it's the best yet I reckon! Unfortunately I think I've found a bug:

with just the Save Overlay active the saves on the Party Sheet don't work. They don't roll against the DC, just roll and display the number in Chatbox with no reference to success or failure. Also throws an number of errors equal to the number of characters on the Party Sheet. The error is:

"Handler error: [string "scripts/save_overlay_manager.lua"]:14: attempt to index field 'sSaveDesc' (a nil value)"

Hope this helps and thanks for your work.

Cheers,

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Ludd_G View Post
    Hi daddydoggerman,

love your implementation of the Save Overlay, it's the best yet I reckon! Unfortunately I think I've found a bug:

with just the Save Overlay active the saves on the Party Sheet don't work. They don't roll against the DC, just roll and display the number in Chatbox with no reference to success or failure. Also throws an number of errors equal to the number of characters on the Party Sheet. The error is:

"Handler error: [string "scripts/save_overlay_manager.lua"]:14: attempt to index field 'sSaveDesc' (a nil value)"

Hope this helps and thanks for your work.

Cheers,

Simon
    Nice catch. Honestly didn't even think about saves from the party sheet, but I see the problem already.

Whilst I love the clear on combat turn change, please keep the button as well, my players really like to get rid asap, while I sometimes need a bit more time to check what the implication of the success/failure is, so the button gives us that little bit more control individually over the aesthetics of the game. Having the button is definitely a plus for your extension at our table!

I also wonder if the toolbar on the map, where your buttons live, is defaulting to closed for some people, which, if you don't know it's there, would hide a lot of useful stuff!

Whilst I love the clear on combat turn change, please keep the button as well, my players really like to get rid asap, while I sometimes need a bit more time to check what the implication of the success/failure is, so the button gives us that little bit more control individually over the aesthetics of the game. Having the button is definitely a plus for your extension at our table!
    Well that'd be an enhancement issue unto itself - as of the moment only the GM can see the overlays to begin with. That's the kinda GM I am.

Ah, I didn't realise that (not had a local host player up yet!). I'd definitely vote for a 'show player' option, not having it is one of the reasons I stopped using Mattjams extension. I think I may be a too generous DM with my players! Haha!

Release 1.0.1 fixes the party sheet issue. Download specific release version here. Or download latest here.

Ah, I didn't realise that (not had a local host player up yet!). I'd definitely vote for a 'show player' option, not having it is one of the reasons I stopped using Mattjams extension. I think I may be a too generous DM with my players! Haha!
    Enhancement issue filed. We'll see when I might get to it. This one shouldn't be hard, I've already got the OOB logic to clear the saves. Would just need to blast out an OOB message to add the saves as well. I do kinda like the idea of putting a toggle in the Menu Options as to whether the players can see the saves.

That's working great now, thanks!

Fantastic - just what I need for my 5E games.

Would have liked a command line option to clear the saves so I can function key it. So I added:

Comm.registerSlashHandler("clearsaves", handleMessageDeleteAllSaveOverlays, "Clear Saves")

This went in the scripts/save_overlay_manager.lua file at line 8. See below:

Code:
    function onInit()
        UDG5ESaveOverlayHelper.verbose({"save_overlay_manager.lua:: onInit()"});

originalApplySave = ActionSave.applySave
        ActionSave.applySave = applySave

Comm.registerSlashHandler("clearsaves", handleMessageDeleteAllSaveOverlays, "Clear Saves")

OOBManager.registerOOBMsgHandler(OOB_MSGTYPE_DELETE_ALL_SAVE_OVERLAYS, handleMessageDeleteAllSaveOverlays);
    end
    Last edited by ColinBuckler; February 25th, 2021 at 00:10.
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)
    DM'ing since 1977 (Basic D&D)

Currently Playing:
    Empire of the Ghouls 5E Campaign
    Tales from the Yawning Portal 5E Campaign
    Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder 1e
    Amazing Adventures 5E Campaign
    "Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies
    But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be."
    Rush - Losing It

Currently DM'ing