FG Spreadshirt Swag

Automation of a weird healing roll

Hi sorry if this is the wrong place,

So Im Dming a game of Adventure in Middle Earth which is a 5e adaptation of The One Ring and one of the classes main abilitys is the typical lay on hands type deal only instead of a static heal you roll a d8 and you can either roll the dice instantly as 1d8+Wis which works in FG or do a 10 min cast and you roll 1d8xProf+Wis.

Its that bit im having trouble with as the heal action for spell limits you to a dice+IntegerxStat+bonus. Is there anyway I can code in the 1d8xProf+Wis?

Cheers,

Mech

I'll leave the coding brains to weigh-in on whether that kind of formula can exist - but given that the prof bonus only changes on level-ups, I'd create a manual entry as a stop gap and just update the effect as their Prof bonus bumps up. So at level one just use

Quote Originally Posted by BronzeDodger View Post
    I'll leave the coding brains to weigh-in on whether that kind of formula can exist - but given that the prof bonus only changes on level-ups, I'd create a manual entry as a stop gap and just update the effect as their Prof bonus bumps up. So at level one just use
    I think the problem is i cant seem to find a way to get the result of the roll and then times it. If i do it as a power then the only option i have to hand type it is with an effect which doesnt do anything.

Right - I don't know the coding well enough to know if such a multiplier can be done (thought pretty sure anything based on Proficiency bonus doesn't work, beyond simply adding it into the effect). So I'd just use the same code as we do for Cure Wounds. On top of the standard first level effect (1d8+WIS) I add additional effects on the same power so that if they cast using a higher level slot they just pick the level-appropriate. So for 5th level caster I'd have three buttons (1d8+WIS, 2d8+WIS, 3d8+WIS). But in your case I think you'd just need two, one for the base, and one for the multi-die version.

If you mean direct numerical multiplication of the dice result; that was never part of the core 5E rules. It would require an extension to override and implement that addition.
    If you mean increasing dice based on proficiency, then you could set up as @BronzeDodger suggested as a custom roll, similar to Cure spells.

Regards,
    JPG

In case a visual would help: here is what I have showing on a cleric where they could use a first, second, or third level spell slot (when collapsed you just see the three button, and when you hover your mouse you see the calculation under each button when viewing the character sheet.

CureWoundOptions.png

Thread Information