FG Spreadshirt Swag
  1. #1

    Noob question, What kind of maps do you use for your playthroughs?

    I'm pretty new to this and want to set up a campaign but I'm having a difficult time with finding a map or using modern assets to match the atmosphere, any reccomendations?

  2. #2
    I run VtM games with Theater of Mind, works much better and faster. Sometimes I use image of the building, rooms or something for reference, but I found that using narrative combat and no tactical maps is excellent for this system and setting.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    I run VtM games with Theater of Mind, works much better and faster. Sometimes I use image of the building, rooms or something for reference, but I found that using narrative combat and no tactical maps is excellent for this system and setting.
    I can second this. I use the sketch tool under image to give the players a broad impression of how the environment looks like dimensionally but describe the surroundings in more detail.

  4. #4
    I imported the images from the City of Mists maps and use them alot. They are really atmospheric and look nice.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by vegaserik View Post
    I imported the images from the City of Mists maps and use them alot. They are really atmospheric and look nice.
    I'd love to mix these in with the images as well, where did you get the city of mists maps?

  6. #6
    I use everything from building blueprints to google earth screen grabs. Anything to give my players a sense of where they are. Tourist maps work really nice as well.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Maysagi View Post
    I'd love to mix these in with the images as well, where did you get the city of mists maps?
    Drivethru rpg as pdfs. https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...-Location-Maps

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Fantasy Grounds Fridays Pre

Log in

Log in