DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellock
    Huh, now that I see that list... If we're going in with 6, perhaps there's room to screw around a bit. Would 2 clerics just be overkill?
    Well, the trick is even if we have 6 players I dare to bet my head at least 1 won't show up, so that's why I ask 6 to begin with. I need at least 4, and the adventure is deadly enough to merit 6 characters.

But to anwser your question, no, 2 clerics won't be overkill.
    Play? Yes DM? No Days: Sat Time: 8:00-18:00 CET, Weekdays bi-weekly Time: 14:00 - 20:00

My character is going to kick your ugly, no-good, sorry excuse for a deadly adventure in the tee-hiney!
    FG II Full license holder.

Well, I hope you do John. I wouldn't want to see total party kills every so many sessions.
    Play? Yes DM? No Days: Sat Time: 8:00-18:00 CET, Weekdays bi-weekly Time: 14:00 - 20:00

I would love to *play* this one...but I've been running it for my group (physical). Wish I never had, though, because it seems like it'd be a blast to play in. Good luck with it!
    M

In our EtCR campaign one of the players is a super-undead killing Exorcist prestige-class cleric (I allow the 'Destroy Undead' alternate turning rules in the EtCR book) with the traveler domain, and he likes to fly over the heads of the undead and use his quickened-turn ability every round, like some sort of flying zombie pulse bomb. He makes short work of zombies, vampires, etc.

At first I worried he'd be unblanced for the Ravenloft campaign (not that I really care), but once they started fighting other stuff his min/maxed butt is almost useless, which is great for an annoyed DM (me).

Have a good time DMing this campaign Honduras! Its too bad the campaign in which we were players didn't last past one game, I think it would've been fun. I can module up what I have so far and send it to you to get you started if you want. Transcribing this puppy into FG is kind of a pain, and now I'm using Skype so I don't even bother anymore really (except for images). I am not looking forward to actually transcribing in the actual Castle Ravenloft. PM me if you're interested, maybe we can trade up if you want to start the Castle itself.

Well, I appreciate the offer Valhallan. But since I'll be using Teamspeak I don't really need the text you made.

But if you have the images where the tokens' start positions are photoshopped away, now that I could use. I tried using paint to edit away those start positions. But there are those odd cases where I don't have a duplicate square to copy in.

Just a note on that Destroy Undead class feature thing: I allowed my players to take it in EtCR but none did. I, however, took it for my cleric in Age of Worms and it seems slightly overpowered (especially in combination with Quicken Turning and Extra Turning).

I suggested to my DM that he nerf it somewhat by allowing Turn Resistance to reduce the save DC (which is crazy high anyway at higher levels - my cleric is lvl 14) instead of just reduce the damage. Just a thought. I think the feature, as written, is sorta cheesy. My cleric (Pelor) is an undead killing machine: 14d6 damage as a free action, DC 26 Will save for half, nine times a day - and he doesn't even have a great Cha.
    M

Actually I find things rather more fun, if we can find alternative solutions to Undead, rather than some uber Undead destroyer/turner...

Many are pretty mindless - can we not "outwit" them?

I just left the token placement markers there and put the tokens on the map. Then when the players saw that spot they also saw the monster, so they had more to worry about than why there is a "Z" on the map. In fact, no one has even said anything about it.

Well, i suppose it works if you make creatures auto-detected when the square gets revealed. If you are using spot vs. hide checks however it might be a hindrance.

Thread Information