DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Modifying automation of long rests

Is it possible to modify the behavior of the short/long rest buttons on the combat tracker? I'd like to use a tweak to the rest mechanic as proposed by the Dungeon Coach, altering short and long rests, and ideally adding a third type, full rest. Here's a synopsis:

Short Rest
    Length: 10 minutes
    Benefits: Spend Hit Dice (per rules as written)
    Caveats: Maximum 2 Short Rests per 24-hour period

Long Rest
    Length: 3 hours of no activity and 3 hours of light activity
    Benefits: Spend Hit Dice to regain HP. Regain 1/2 of Hit Dice pool at the end of the first 3 hours. Regains all spell slots at the end of hour 6. All other Long Rest cooldowns reset.
    Caveats: Maximum 1 Long Rest per 24-hour period

Full Rest
    Length: 24 hours to one week
    Benefits: Regain all dice in the Hit Dice pool, recover all spell slots, and recover all points from exhaustion.
    Caveats: Must be done in a place of safety, usually with a bed.

So short rest is the same, full rest essentially takes the place of the current long rest, and current long rest is significantly changed. I can have players manually add back HD and reset spell slots, but if there's a way to automate that it'd be great

You could do this with an extension I believe.The rest variant rules from the DMG have been implemented in FG (see options > House Rules). Those aren't quite what you are summarizing above but do provide something different.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by tenebnonahs View Post
    Is it possible to modify the behavior of the short/long rest buttons on the combat tracker? I'd like to use a tweak to the rest mechanic as proposed by the Dungeon Coach, altering short and long rests, and ideally adding a third type, full rest. Here's a synopsis:

Short Rest
    Length: 10 minutes
    Benefits: Spend Hit Dice (per rules as written)
    Caveats: Maximum 2 Short Rests per 24-hour period

Long Rest
    Length: 3 hours of no activity and 3 hours of light activity
    Benefits: Spend Hit Dice to regain HP. Regain 1/2 of Hit Dice pool at the end of the first 3 hours. Regains all spell slots at the end of hour 6. All other Long Rest cooldowns reset.
    Caveats: Maximum 1 Long Rest per 24-hour period

Full Rest
    Length: 24 hours to one week
    Benefits: Regain all dice in the Hit Dice pool, recover all spell slots, and recover all points from exhaustion.
    Caveats: Must be done in a place of safety, usually with a bed.

So short rest is the same, full rest essentially takes the place of the current long rest, and current long rest is significantly changed. I can have players manually add back HD and reset spell slots, but if there's a way to automate that it'd be great
    have you found a solution yet?

Thread Information