5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

alonlinetools.net FGCharacterSheet no longer working with recent update?

I often use https://www.alonlinetools.net/FGCharacterSheet.aspx to make PDF files for my players so they can reference their characters offline or if they don't have a PC/Mac to connect to the game with (sure would be awesome to get a web client just for chat and to roll dice!).

My players recently leveled up to 5. All of the new XML exports do not work at alonlinetools.net. All of the level 4 exports I did previously do work. Did something change with the XML format recently that would break this? The website is really quite a nice utility. I wish Fantasy Grounds had this capability built in to be able to take an xslt file template and export a character xml as a PDF.

Anyone else having the same issue?

I sent them an email but I thought it might be handy to post here as well.

There is nothing in the XML format for characters that has changed recently.

Have you reached out to the person who made the tools to inquire?

Regards,
    JPG

Yes I emailed via their contact form. I'm really hoping I can figure it out. My daughters' group that I DM for has 3 remote 11 year old girls that need the PDFs because they only have an iPad or ChromeOS device. I've looked at two other PDF makers listed on the forums here. The Java one doesn't work on must of them, but the Windows one I found seems to be OK. Neither of them are nearly as good as this online version though. It prints out all the inventory and spell information in detail. Its very nice!

This may serve as an alternative? It's a paid program though, and only just released, but I think the developer is committed to maintaining and improving from feedback received. I own it, but haven't had time to put it through it's paces yet so can't comment directly on its efficacy:

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/347..._0_0_45545_0_0

(if it's half as good as it looks, I think it'll be an amazing resource!)

Oh wow that looks cool! I'm going to give it a try.

Yeah, I recently picked that program myself, the developer has been great on helping with things or making changes\corrections. He also came up with a viable way to pull information from FG to be able to use when streaming to populate game stats.

I get a "file uploaded" at alonlinetools.net, older exports still work. I'll compare two recent exports this weekend to look for a difference. The Character Manager will be a good replacement though.

Yeah I get the "file uploaded" too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludd_G View Post
    This may serve as an alternative? It's a paid program though, and only just released, but I think the developer is committed to maintaining and improving from feedback received. I own it, but haven't had time to put it through it's paces yet so can't comment directly on its efficacy:

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/347..._0_0_45545_0_0

(if it's half as good as it looks, I think it'll be an amazing resource!)
    It works like a charm. Purchased it the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Milmoor View Post
    I get a "file uploaded" at alonlinetools.net, older exports still work. I'll compare two recent exports this weekend to look for a difference. The Character Manager will be a good replacement though.
    Not last weekend, nor this weekend, but will do someday. But please don't hold your breath for it.

Thread Information