Joshua Stream Pre
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. #11
    I haven't seen that (either the mention or an example). Do you have an example extension showing a simple table not being sorted correctly with a sort function in table.sort?
    (Remember, sorting only works for numerically-indexed tables.)

    Regards,
    JPG

  2. #12
    Minty23185Fresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    NV, USA
    Posts
    942
    Blog Entries
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I haven't seen that (either the mention or an example). Do you have an example extension showing a simple table not being sorted correctly with a sort function in table.sort?
    (Remember, sorting only works for numerically-indexed tables.)

    Regards,
    JPG
    I’m sorry but I do not. I will look for one.

  3. #13
    Minty23185Fresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    NV, USA
    Posts
    942
    Blog Entries
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I haven't seen that (either the mention or an example). Do you have an example extension showing a simple table not being sorted correctly with a sort function in table.sort?
    (Remember, sorting only works for numerically-indexed tables.)

    Regards,
    JPG
    Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    I’m sorry but I do not. I will look for one.
    I can't do this for a few days, but this what I will attempt, when I get a chance is add more fields to the customfilters (in the 5E data_library). Specifically fields with lots of variations in the data like the NPC Action Names. In general if the fields are mostly alphabetic it should work great, lot's of data. I'll need to avoid fields like Skills where Arcana +12 will be sorted before Arcana +2, without special handling (breaking the field up into the alphabetic prefix and numeric suffix though I believe you already have a special sort function defined for this situation).

  4. #14
    For an example, don't try to use your extension; or anything else. Try to recreate in a simple extension script without all the extras. If not, it might be something related to all the things you do in your script.

    Regards,
    JPG

  5. #15
    Minty23185Fresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    NV, USA
    Posts
    942
    Blog Entries
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    For an example, don't try to use your extension; or anything else. Try to recreate in a simple extension script without all the extras. If not, it might be something related to all the things you do in your script.

    Regards,
    JPG
    Oh yes totally. I was going to just hack the 5e custom filter definitions into the 5e ruleset data_library....lua file. Avoiding even an extension. I’d just forward the few lines of script to you.

    In the very first iteration of FFAL, I did just that only for Spells to test feasibility (while working on the Mystic class extension).

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,799
    Quote Originally Posted by tahl_liadon View Post
    .
    i designate prefix to all fg story entries and use this naming convention:
    [book #][part # + *** title ***][section #][subsection alpha][event #]


    sample set of prefixes:
    136-p1 ***
    136-p1-1
    136-p1-2
    136-p1-2a01
    136-p3 ***
    136-p3-1
    136-p3-2
    136-p3-2k05
    136-p3-2m11
    136-P3-4o1
    136-P3-4o2
    136-P3-4o3

    however, 136-p3 *** won't sort property, and fg is placing it out of order in the position below:
    136-p1 ***
    136-p1-1
    136-p1-2
    136-p1-2a01
    136-p3-1
    136-p3-2
    136-p3-2k05
    136-p3-2m11
    136-P3-4o1
    136-p3 *** <--- (coincidentally starts on page 2 of story)
    136-P3-4o2
    136-P3-4o3

    i took the same set and put it in google sheet and it sorted correctly as seen in top set.

    odd thing is, part 1 and part 2 sort properly with same naming convention.

    my current workaround is to add a hyphen: 136-p3- ***

    been staring at it for an hour... bug?
    Just thought I would mention the 136-p3 *** is there because you use both upper and lower case "P"s. Since it's an alpha sort it is case sensitive. Try converting them all to lower case?

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    ...you use both upper and lower case "P"s...
    .
    good observation.

    that was an inconsistency error in my re-entering the info here in the post (which i corrected in original message) -- all lowercase.

    so that's actaully not the reason, but thx for pointing it out.
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

  8. #18
    A fix for this was pushed in the Tuesday update.

    Regards,
    JPG

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    A fix for this was pushed in the Tuesday update.
    .
    .
    woot!
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

  10. #20
    Minty23185Fresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    NV, USA
    Posts
    942
    Blog Entries
    29
    To report back on this. I have not been able to reproduce evidence that supports claims I made in posts #5 and #10 of this thread. I can only attribute my claims to temporary insanity or self-aggrandizing.
    Current Projects:
    Bag of DM Helpers (extensions)
    Player: Curse of Strahd
    DM: Adventurers League, Season 2, Elemental Evil
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles the FG Extension".

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
5E Character Create Playlist

Log in

Log in