5E Character Create Playlist

Prepared! One Shot Adventures

Hi,

I purchased the DLC, Prepared! One Shot Adventures for FG in Steam. The trouble is when I start FG or FG Unity, it doesn't show up in my modules section! Can anyone help me out? I have limited experience with FG and FG unity but have both of them. I thought this might be a good way for me to get my feet wet trying to GM.
    I bought it before I read the threads in the forum about getting Lost Mines instead. I still would like to try and play around with the One Shots but can't seem to find it!

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Matt

The prepared adventures are for D&D 5e. Are you loading a 5e FG campaign?

If you're loading a 5e campaign and don't see the module, make sure you have your FG account and password in the Settings window and that you've synced your Steam account to this account. Then run an update.

When you go to the Module activation screen, search for "prepared" - the module activation window now only shows 10 modules per page, so either page through or search for the module.
    Last edited by Trenloe; February 22nd, 2021 at 00:15.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Trenloe,

Thanks for getting back to me! So do I need to have a 5e campaign in order to play this DLC? I bought it thinking I could use the one shots as stand alone adventures! Your help is appreciated!!

Matt

I was able to figure it out with your help!! THANK YOU!!

Matt

Blog Entries
    Hi MadMatt66

In Fantasy Grounds Campaign and Module dont have exactly the same meanings as they did in old school D&D.
    Whenever you want to "run something in FG" you run it within a "campaign". It doesnt matter if this a 3 year long story arc or a one shot or a series of oneshots. The first step is to create a campaign to run them in. You can have one or many, many campaigns.
    A module is some pre-prepared content and this might be an adventure or some new class or a setting or a full rulebook (like the Players Handbook). Over time many users will accumulate a lot of modules and they wont all be needed/wanted for every campaign so there is one extra step and that is to load the modules that you do want to use - eg they might be Players Handbook and Prepared! One Shot Adventures. You do this through the Library.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMatt66 View Post
    I was able to figure it out with your help!! THANK YOU!!

Matt
    So, this means you'll be ready to run something soon so I can take a break?
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

I like thinking of it this way, FG is the convention hall, and each campaign is each table that can have slightly or vastly different games at them. And the module library is a huge bookshelf on the far wall.

Thread Information