FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 16 of 19 First ... 61415161718 ... Last
    I don't think all the options are meant to be on. I think there are options so you can pick and choose which ones you want. Without all the options some people would be left in the cold. I suggest finding a combo of options you DO like and using that.

I don't think the delay timer is a good idea, as when you hover over something you want it to be the right one and not have to wait Xseconds delay to see. I can see maybe this being another option however, I don't think it will be REALLY used, and it's something I've not seen anyone do yet on any EXT.
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.
    http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Vote For Idea to Default Modules to GM Only
    Vote For Idea to Give GM More Hotkey Options
    Vote For Idea to Disable Dice Animations

precisely my point, when i hover on something.. i want it to be accurate. See my example: Im hovering on a goblin in the middle of pack of 20 tokens. That’s the one i want to play with in the combat tracker, add/remove effects ect. Im ready to mouse over to the combat tracker since it’s all scrolled into view and selected…

i start moving my mouse, passing over the pack…events firing off all over the place immediately

ive just lost my place.

As i was saying,
    either debounce the hover slightly, it’s just a 1 second delay that prevents accidental selection

or selection = scroll and highlight

i know all the options and combinations.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by spencerg View Post
    precisely my point, when i hover on something.. i want it to be accurate. See my example: Im hovering on a goblin in the middle of pack of 20 tokens. That’s the one i want to play with in the combat tracker, add/remove effects ect. Im ready to mouse over to the combat tracker since it’s all scrolled into view and selected…

i start moving my mouse, passing over the pack…events firing off all over the place immediately

ive just lost my place.

As i was saying,
    either debounce the hover slightly, it’s just a 1 second delay that prevents accidental selection

or selection = scroll and highlight

i know all the options and combinations.

cheers
    I understand what you want however, others might not want a delay. I know you are saying this doesn't work for you, I'm saying ALL the options on are likely not meant to be on for people and they are there for options for people to choose from. I think if a delay option was added it should be optional and not forced as most people I would assume would use the option to be instantly update and not a delay.
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.
    http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Vote For Idea to Default Modules to GM Only
    Vote For Idea to Give GM More Hotkey Options
    Vote For Idea to Disable Dice Animations

absolutely it should be optional, maybe i failed to mention that,

in any event, i’ll toy with it and try to hack it in the meantime, wrap the hover function in debounce temporarily. Hopefully he officially adds it as an option

i love the plugin,
    i don’t love the chaos of hover

did this last night even though my last experience with lua was 600 years ago.
    tedious to debug when i need to reload the solution to everytime i make a change

i’ll have to investigate some debug tools/techniques
    on here, i introduced runtimes galore

cheers
    Last edited by spencerg; September 26th, 2022 at 22:14.

Love the idea here, apart from a few things. The first is that it would be nice for the hovering events to have a debounced implementation., give it a second or 1300ms before firing off target/highlight (x). , this will make it far less volatile and allow me to hover over a token in the middle of a group of tokens, have it select and scroll to in the combat tracker, and be able to hover away to access the tracker entry i wanted to scroll to, without running over other tokens and causing them to immediately throw off what i was trying to find and manipulate in the tracker. The second, if you can't add a debounce, is adding the option to just manually select a token, and on select only, go and scroll/select it in the tracker.

As it stands, even with all the options there are, it steps on its own toes.

example. A group of 14 goblin tokens, all within close proximity. I want to hover over one in the middle of the group, have it scroll to that entry in the tracker and highlight...ok good...now i need to mouse over all the outer goblins on my way to the combat tracker to add/remove effects...oops, I just lost my place in the tracker due to hovering over the outer goblins.
    Yeah, I've also wrestled with the hovering out of a group and trying not to select other tokens on the way out. The delay is a good idea and something I think should be fairly easy to implement once I find the time.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I think if a delay option was added it should be optional and not forced as most people I would assume would use the option to be instantly update and not a delay.
    I think the easiest thing would be to make the length of the delay configurable with a default of 0 and a few options otherwise for folks.

The delay on this would be helpful for me too. That sounds like a good compromise with the options!

Quote Originally Posted by daddyogreman View Post
    Yeah, I've also wrestled with the hovering out of a group and trying not to select other tokens on the way out. The delay is a good idea and something I think should be fairly easy to implement once I find the time.
    You know what i did that helps… i hacked it so that it’s onMouseRelease- the problem is im using a single variable to track toggle on/off - i could not find a way to detect if a token is “selected”. I thought “activated” would work in their api… but it’s means “ active in the CT

if i could get selected state of the individual token instance, that would be great. I don’t want to use a variable but rather just look at the object and see if it’s selected and toggle highlight in ct) - love the scroll into view- its perfect.
    i don’t know their structure well enough.

anyways, debounce (inline with clear onIn) is great, but selected on/off = to scroll/select in ct…. is great too.

great work, super helpful plugin for DM
    Last edited by spencerg; September 28th, 2022 at 17:27.

You know what i did that helps… i hacked it so that it’s onMouseRelease- the problem is im using a single variable to track toggle on/off - i could not find a way to detect if a token is “selected”. I thought “activated” would work in their api… but it’s means “ active in the CT

if i could get selected state, that would be great.
    i don’t know their structure well enough.

anyways, debounce (inline with clear onIn) is great, but selected on/off = to scroll/select in ct…. is great too
    If I recall correctly, I struggled greatly with trying to figure out a way to determine which token is actually selected. But I think the delay is the way to go anyhow. Already got some logic there that I think would work just fine. I'll see what I can put together here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by daddyogreman View Post
    If I recall correctly, I struggled greatly with trying to figure out a way to determine which token is actually selected. But I think the delay is the way to go anyhow. Already got some logic there that I think would work just fine. I'll see what I can put together here soon.
    that’s awesome chief

And yes, i love the selected variant i hacked in, but as far as i can see, their is no way for me to get “selected” state of actual token im clicking on… which i find insane/hard to believe. In any event, thank you for listening. I’ll let you know if i find anything…Hard to debug this with just consoles and being forced to reboot every change
    i commend you guys for the work, very tedious to debug. If i turn up anything on token instance properties buried or hidden, i’ll msg ya

Thread Information