STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: Minimum damage

Minimum damage

I see that any attack does minimum damage of 1, and in the rulebook, it says that this happens only when you do a margin greater than 6.

Is this something to fix, or am i doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Faethor View Post
    I see that any attack does minimum damage of 1, and in the rulebook, it says that this happens only when you do a margin greater than 6.

Is this something to fix, or am i doing something wrong?

Thanks!
    Hi,

You are correct, any Effect of 6+ will inflict minimum damage regardless of armour. I'll check this as that area was updated due to the recent CoreRPG changes.

Thanks,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Thanks a lot
    Hi Faethor,

I just checked and all is working correctly.

For example, NPC Robot has Hits of 30 and an Armour value of 24, yet the Character can only do 3D6 damage.

Character rolls 14 to hit, that's +6 Damage Bonus, Min Damage of 1.

3d6+6 = 18, not enough to bypass armour, yet Min Damage means 1 point of damage is done.

Robot now has 29 hits left, and now it has a turn with its PGMP-12

This is being tested on v1.2.2a using FGU.

Make sure you're all up to date and if it's not working, then a screen shot would be very helpful.

Thanks,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

damage.JPG

In this example Roger Solomon attacks Lieutenant, and gets an effect roll of 2. Then rolls damage and get a total of 12 (adding the effect) which is not enough to damage the lieutenant, as he has an armour of 23 (20 with the AP of the Gauss). However, the FG has subtracted 1 point of resistance, for "minimum damage" that should not be applied, since the effect has not been 6.

My question is that in all cases, even if you don't get an effect of 6, the FG is taking away 1 point of life for minimum damage.
    Last edited by Faethor; February 21st, 2021 at 14:53.

damage.JPG

In this example Roger Solomon attacks Lieutenant, and gets an effect roll of 2. Then rolls damage and get a total of 12 (adding the effect) which is not enough to damage the lieutenant, as he has an armour of 23 (20 with the AP of the Gauss). However, the FG has subtracted 1 point of resistance, for "minimum damage" that should not be applied, since the effect has not been 6.

My question is that in all cases, even if you don't get an effect of 6, the FG is taking away 1 point of life for minimum damage.
    Hi,

Ok - re-created it, I'll stop working on fonts and things and get this sorted, however it won't be 'released' until 2nd March as that's the next update window I can hit. I'll see about releasing it as a hotfix though in the meantime.

Cheers,
    MBM

No hurry for me, but thanks a lot! great job.

No hurry for me, but thanks a lot! great job.
    HI Faethor,

No worries. I've fixed it, so will create a local ticket to get it tested. It was down to Traveller uses a Critical System for any bonus damage, and for some reason it now took that as meaning minimum damage. This might be an FGU oddity, but it's fixed now.

I'll roll this into the v1.2.3 updates that are ongoing.

Cheers,
    MBM

Thread Information