Starfinder Playlist
Page 4 of 10 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Thank you for being helpful and for making this extension fabulous!

v1.0.7 released. As always, latest will snag the latest release version.
    Just a quick adjustment to where the Clear Wound Overlays button is so it doesn't collide with with anything else added to the toolbar_anchor. Realized I didn't know what I was doing when I finished up the 5E Save Overlay extension and both buttons were sitting on top of each other. Definitely update to this if you're planning on running both extensions, or any other extension that adds anything to the toolbar_anchor.

v1.0.8 released. As always, latest will snag the latest release version.

Per the CHANGELOG:
    [1.0.8] - 2021-03-01

Added

Added slash command /clearWoundOverlays
    Removed calls to User.isHost()
    Extension announcement text
    Added all CoreRPG rulesets as allowable
    Added status translation layer

Hello,

This is a really nice .ext and very useful for most games in Core. I tried it with Mongoose Traveller 2e however and it only shows the death overlay. Traveller uses a strange damage system so I get how it wouldn't work properly, and even the death state is useful, but how would one go about modifying the .ext to recognize multiple HP pools based on each of the three physical stats?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by EmptyOwl View Post
    Hello,

This is a really nice .ext and very useful for most games in Core. I tried it with Mongoose Traveller 2e however and it only shows the death overlay. Traveller uses a strange damage system so I get how it wouldn't work properly, and even the death state is useful, but how would one go about modifying the .ext to recognize multiple HP pools based on each of the three physical stats?

Thanks!
    I'd be happy to help out. I tested all the rulesets I have access to, but I don't own Mongoose Traveller 2E and don't have any plans to buy it.
    We COULD work together with you owning it and installing my extension, turning debug to verbose and giving me some logs from what's going on as you run through the various stages of damage for a character so I can get a feel for what this ruleset does differently from CoreRPG.
    The extension is keyed off the CoreRPG built in status field of a PC/NPC. CoreRPG automatically updates this field as a function of current vs total hit points. For the most part it's pretty consistent across the rulesets I checked, with the exception of Rolemaster Classic (just happen to own that ruleset), which tweaked the wording slightly. I did write in a function to make adding more rulesets to this extension quite trivial (assuming it still uses status in some form or fashion which, given the death icon is working I'm going to make that assumption), I just need to get the logs from running through a couple scenarios in this particular ruleset.

There's typically a setting for Wound Categories setting under the Combat header in the options menu.

So the scenario I'd ask someone to go through in a more traditional system would be:
    Create a character with like 10 hps. Ensure they have no wounds
    Pull up the combat tracker

Set Wound Categories to simple
    Set Debug Level to Verbose underneath the CoreRPG Wound Overlay banner.
    In the combat tracker add 1 wound to the character. Repeat the step until you've gone from 0 to 10 wounds.

Reset the character back to 0 wounds.
    Set Wound Categories to detailed
    In the combat tracker add 1 wound to the character. Repeat the step until you've gone from 0 to 10 wounds.

Gather up the system log and attach it to a post here.
    If you're ensure of how to do that, I'm sure there's posts in Fantasy Grounds but I also wrote some quick instructions in the project itself. It's typically for logging bugs, so you could just ignore that part.

As this isn't a traditional system, I'm not exactly sure how the status field is being calculated, if it even is at all. You mentioned multiple HP pools. You could try the above scenarios with each HP pool and see what we get from the log file, that'd be a good first start. I'd love to get this compatible with more systems!

At least Pathfinder 2 insist on making tiny creates size "0" (zero), which in turn breaks the overlay extension. We get enormous splashes of blood from the tiniest creatures.

Oh that's where that comes from!
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

In 4E there is a condition called "Bloodied" Its when the creature is at 50% HP. This condition is not getting a overlay token so might not be defined.

Is it possible to have different token overlays for PC's and NPC's?

Here is a link to a 4E version from some time ago for reference. It has an issue where the overlays are not being applied on the client side on load.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...4&d=1610933960
    Last edited by kevininrussia; April 13th, 2021 at 20:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    At least Pathfinder 2 insist on making tiny creates size "0" (zero), which in turn breaks the overlay extension. We get enormous splashes of blood from the tiniest creatures.
    I'll have to have a look at this one at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    In 4E there is a condition called "Bloodied" Its when the creature is at 50% HP. This condition is not getting a overlay token so might not be defined.

Is it possible to have different token overlays for PC's and NPC's?

Here is a link to a 4E version from some time ago for reference. It has an issue where the overlays are not being applied on the client side on load.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...4&d=1610933960

The overlays are keyed off the status field, which is updated automatically by Fantasy Grounds and is just a function of max hps vs current wounds. The string for each state can vary slightly depending on the ruleset but it's there for all of them. I'm trying my best to keep this extension universal so I'm not coding in something specific to 4E (the "bloodied" condition"), but am going to keep this keyed off the status field.
    You're welcome to fork my extension and go to town all you want with it for 4E though! Happy to help walk you through getting set up to do so, if needed.
    And you can join the Fantasy Grounds Unofficial Developer's Guild discord server and poke me all you want for help there.
    https://discord.com/invite/yAXPgR8Bc8

Thread Information