5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    This is looking good already! Toss in Save yes/no indicators and this is bound to be awesome! Thanks!

I support ORC(L) and #opendnd!

Check out my Extensions and Materials for FGU!
    Dark Theme: Sir Motte's Magnificent Darkness - Hearth Edition.
    Custom GM Icon: Sir Motte's GM Icon Replacer.
    Midjourney Art: AI generated images for my campaign.

Love that people are liking it!
    A couple things:
    Saving throws aren't a thing in CoreRPG that I'm aware of. It's on my list to make a minimal extension for saving throw overlays for 5E as well as PFRPG.
    As far as the combat tracker highlight - overlays/underlays aren't a thing for the combat tracker that I'm aware of. I actually had to take the frame graphic for a combat tracker entry, open it up in GIMP and edit the colors. I could look at toning it down some or even just having a few different choices available via the options menu for coloring.

Lastly - now that people are using it I would love some feedback as to whether this should actually be split into two extensions - one for the combat highlighting and one for the wound overlays. I've already started on the work to split it and am thinking it might be the best approach. I'd leave this extension up as is but point to the two new ones here and deprecate this.

Wow...that was fast!!!

Ok, I'll wait for the two new extensions...will the save/throw overlay be comprised in one of the two extension or in a new one?

Reasoning for the two extensions:

Maybe people don't want some of the functionality. As opposed to filling up the menu options with a bunch of on/off toggles I'd rather make micro-extensions that do one thing and one thing only and people can just load up whichever ones they want. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by eriktedesco View Post
    Wow...that was fast!!!

Ok, I'll wait for the two new extensions...will the save/throw overlay be comprised in one of the two extension or in a new one?
    It'd be a new extension that does ONLY saving throw overlays ONLY for 5E (or Pathfinder) but would play well with the other two and any other extensions, in theory.

It's a reasonable option.

Usually, breaking down a complex extension into smaller ones improves their compatibility with other extensions.

As I've said, I'd like to have Matjam Status Indicator capabilities + your overlay...I really like it!

Anyway...thank you very much for your work!

BUG: For the GM, the "Clear All Wound Overlays" on top of the battlemap covers the "Zoom to Fit". i.e. players who doesn't have the Clear All Wound Overlays can see the Zoom to fit, while the GM gets his Zoom to fit covered up. Can you fix this bug so Zoom to fit is not hidden?

Really cool. Thanks!

Smaller (split) extensions are always preferable in my opinion, though I don't know how much this increases workload and or maintenance effort.

Quote Originally Posted by daddyogreman View Post
    Reasoning for the two extensions:

Maybe people don't want some of the functionality. As opposed to filling up the menu options with a bunch of on/off toggles I'd rather make micro-extensions that do one thing and one thing only and people can just load up whichever ones they want. Thoughts?

This is not really an issue in my opinion, the options are looked at, set and forgotten. (I don't know how extensions are handled in this regard, is their code still fully loaded or just the activated stuff?).
    Last edited by SirMotte; February 21st, 2021 at 22:33.

I support ORC(L) and #opendnd!

Check out my Extensions and Materials for FGU!
    Dark Theme: Sir Motte's Magnificent Darkness - Hearth Edition.
    Custom GM Icon: Sir Motte's GM Icon Replacer.
    Midjourney Art: AI generated images for my campaign.

Yeah so I just pulled the trigger. I split this up into two extensions. I'ma leave this as is, but all development will transition to the new micro extensions.

CoreRPG Combat Highlighter

CoreRPG Wound Overlay

Thread Information