DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Modifying a Theme for Pathfinder Second Edition

Hello everyone!

I am attempting to modify an existing theme to support Pathfinder Second Edition better. I am having a hard time determining where specific assets are being stored/pulled from in the extension/ruleset and was hoping some of the gurus here could help me out.
    I've attached an image that shows the two outlying issues better, but the the assets I can't seem to find/overwrite are here:
    • Combat Tracker - Effect DC box
    • Character Sheet - Weapon Multi-Attack Boxes

PF2e Dark Theme Unknown Assets.png

Anyone taken the time to modify a theme for PF2e that knows where I can either a) discover the assets and locations to overwrite or b) let me know the name of the assets so I can duplicate an existing one with the proper name?
    I've been combing through the extension files and cross referencing with other themes in notepad++ to try and identify what I'm missing, but thought I'd ask the community for assistance before I lose my sanity!

The thought to open up the ruleset and review the code there didn't even occur to me... /facepalm

I was able to get the asset for the Combat Tracker figured out. The PF2e ruleset uses an asset named ct_effectdc.png for the image there with a custom rectangle rather than the native CT effects entries (I'd love to know why it was done different, perhaps Trenloe would be able to shed some light on this?). I'm still digging into the character sheet options, but for those of you who are interested in custom themes, here is the framedef record that needs to be added to graphics_frames.xml in your extension:

Code:
            <framedef name="ct_effectdc">
    		<bitmap file="path_to_graphics_folder/ct_effectdc.png" />
    		<topleft rect="0,0,12,12" />
    		<top rect="12,0,200,12" />
    		<topright rect="212,0,12,12" />
    		<left rect="0,12,12,187" />
    		<middle rect="12,12,200,187" />
    		<right rect="212,12,12,187" />
    		<bottomleft rect="0,199,12,12" />
    		<bottom rect="12,199,200,12" />
    		<bottomright rect="212,199,12,12" />
    	</framedef>
    And the resultant change (yes, I know I didn't do a great job on the "DC" text - it's a WIP):
    PF2e Dark Theme Updated CT.png

I hate finding forum posts that simply say "Never mind, I figured it out" so I'll keep everyone appraised here as I make progress so others can hopefully learn from my mistakes. If anyone has any insights into themeing, extension development, or general insight into the things I've done (correctly or incorrectly!) please let me know!
    - Falcon

Aha! Victory!

The PF2e ruleset uses the slotted modifier or slotted bonus asset for the buttons on the Character Sheet for multiple attacks.
    Adding the following code to the graphics_frames.xml allowed for the custom asset to be applied:
    Code:
            <framedef name="groupbox2">
    		<bitmap file="path_to_graphics/groupbox2.png" />
    		<offset>15,15,16,16</offset>
    	</framedef>
    	<framedef name="slottedmodifier">
    		<bitmap file="path_to_graphics/slottedmodifier.png" />
    		<topleft rect="0,0,37,12" />
    		<top rect="37,0,160,12" />
    		<left rect="0,12,37,187" />
    		<middle rect="37,12,160,187" />
    		<bottomleft rect="0,199,37,12" />
    		<bottom rect="37,199,160,12" />
    	</framedef>
    	<framedef name="slottedbonus">
    		<bitmap file="path_to_graphics/slottedbonus.png" />
    		<topleft rect="0,0,68,12" />
    		<top rect="68,0,128,12" />
    		<left rect="0,12,68,187" />
    		<middle rect="68,12,128,187" />
    		<bottomleft rect="0,199,68,12" />
    		<bottom rect="68,199,128,12" />
    	</framedef>
    PF2e Dark Theme Updated Character Sheet Actions.png

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanFalcon View Post
    The PF2e ruleset uses an asset named ct_effectdc.png for the image there with a custom rectangle rather than the native CT effects entries (I'd love to know why it was done different, perhaps Trenloe would be able to shed some light on this?).
    It's a custom frame, to display a "DC" label at the top of the field. Creating custom graphics for rulesets, where it's something specific to that ruleset, is standard practice.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Nice work, i love this theme.

I have some errors adding this code line.

Any chance to post the file edited?

Unfortunately, this theme is not mine and I currently don't have permission from the original author to redistribute his work.
    I didn't make it super clear in my post, but I created new art assets based off the original work for use in my edits.

I'd be happy to attempt to troubleshoot with you though. I'm by no means an expert, but happy to help!

Hey there, Theme Author here .

You may use and modify this as you wish, but not for commercial purposes. Even better would be, if you fork it from my GitHub so I could incorporate changes you make into mine.
    The Walpurgisnacht Edition you're using is very very outdated by now but will come back at some point this year. I've made a lot of progress in the recent months and have Hearth Edition almost ready to branch out again.

That being said, I will add in the graphics you are referring to into the theme by default, so no need to break a leg there.
    Btw: AWESOME! for providing the xml details, this makes it very easy to implement.

Cheers Sir Motte.

Edit:
    Alright, I've collected all graphics that need to be added to be PFRPG2 complete...it's 102 .pngs. Luckily most are large Frames, that are pretty easy to make. I get a little bit of a headache if I see the amount of Icons that need to be done though, those take a lot of time.

Pathfinder 2E_Needed Graphics.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SirMotte; May 14th, 2021 at 23:25.

I support ORC(L) and #opendnd!

Check out my Extensions and Materials for FGU!
    Dark Theme: Sir Motte's Magnificent Darkness - Hearth Edition.
    Custom GM Icon: Sir Motte's GM Icon Replacer.
    Midjourney Art: AI generated images for my campaign.

Thread Information