DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Traps

Traps

Hi,
    how can I create a trap and using it? How can I manage trap damage? May I create a trap in advance (like an encounter parcel)?

Thanks in advance

probably better off as a NPC with attack and damage as either an attack or power
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

You can also use the quote/chat function for simple traps. Lets say you call for an Agility to avoid a rockslide or take 3d6 damage. In the Story, you can put in /dmg 3d6 and put it as a quote that outputs to the Chat. When you click the quote, it outputs the roll to the Chat. You can drag that damage output up to the effected PC in the CT.

Quote Originally Posted by amerigoV View Post
    You can also use the quote/chat function for simple traps. Lets say you call for an Agility to avoid a rockslide or take 3d6 damage. In the Story, you can put in /dmg 3d6 and put it as a quote that outputs to the Chat. When you click the quote, it outputs the roll to the Chat. You can drag that damage output up to the effected PC in the CT.
    Sorry, I did not understand this

probably better off as a NPC with attack and damage as either an attack or power
    OK, thank you

I'll post a snapshot later when I am on my personal laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by amerigoV View Post
    I'll post a snapshot later when I am on my personal laptop.
    Thank you, really appreciated

I'm not the original poster and not sure how to post screen shots, but if you can make a chat frame in your story that is /dmg 3d6 (for example) and when you click on the speech bubble will roll those dice for you as a damage value in chat. So, let's assume there's a pit trap that will do 3d6 damage to whomever falls into it. Character A fails to notice it and walks over it and promptly falls in. You click the speech bubble, it rolls the damage, and then you drag that damage to Character A on the Combat Tracker and it's handled like normal combat damage.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Icebear. Here is another shot.

1. Click on the bubble
    2. It will output to the chat
    3. Drag it to the CT - it will treat it as damage.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information