DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Creating a magic ring

Team,

I think what I want to do is not available yet in our automation so please post here if not and if you have a solution I'd love to hear it.

I am creating a magic ring as a parcel. > Ring of Torag. I started with a ring of elemental energy (fire) resistance and wanted to add a +1 reflex save against Fire aoe effects.

Can I attach 'effects' to an item? What I mean is create the items and when its equipped the player can benefit from its effects?

The ring has 10 energy resistance but only against one attack per day and it also offers a +1 bonus to fire saves. I just changed this to +1 REF save added only against fire aoe.

Is my effects writing correct? > SAVE:+1 REF, RESIST FIRE 10

Would i need to add that to the combat tracker as an effect manually or is there a way to apply this like creating a new spell or similar? I have tried to create a new spell but I get stuck trying to add effects.

Any advice is welcome.

Larsenex

EDIT > I got some luck creating a spell! I just was in the wrong mode the entire time! Trenloe please kick me for my idiocy! I was able to create a 'spell' called ring of torag and add those effects and you can add a duration of say 12 hours. I am wondering if there is a way to 'expend' the effect on the first effect it counters or would I need to remove it manually? > leave it on the player until a countered effect happens and than tell the player ok its gone, need to remove it?
    Last edited by Larsenex; February 19th, 2021 at 15:46.

Hey Lars: I want to see if I am getting what you are asking correct - you want to have a single use effect?

So, say, something like SAVE: +1 reflex with a single use? There are simple options for having things expend on actions, rolls, and per modifier when you expand on a spell effect. Is that what you are looking for?
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Shade, yes, essentially the item refreshes each day and gives the player both a +1 to saves and resist 10 fire (but only once, it will last all day until it is triggered)

so in the effects box it would expend on use? Would this mean that the effect will stay until that player gets hit by a 'fire' effect in which case it will resist/reduce and that effect will go away?

That is correct. Once the effect has been used, with expend per modifier (if you stack them) or with expend on roll or action, once the condition is met, it will then disappear until re-applied.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Thread Information