DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 8 First ... 5678 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    Let's start at the very beginning.
    Did you enable the extension on the "Load Campaign" screen?
    Attachment 56212
    See! I knew I was blind! Thanks so much shining the spotlight on what I couldn't see.

First, if I'm just overlooking it, I apologize. I believe one of the options available for an advancement is to remove a minor hinderance, or downgrade a major to a minor. How would you go about putting in to remove a minor in your planned advancements? I'm a player in a game using this, and it was mentioned just manually doing it, which is fine, but figured I would ask here just in case.

Thanks for using the extension. I hope it's serving your game well.

I don't have a way of removing a hindrance. If you drop a hindrance onto the list it will add it, but I don't have functions to remove anything. I wanted to add the ability to remove edges, skills, hindrances, etc, but the logic was rough, error prone, and not worth the hassle.
    To track removing a hindrance, you could type the hindrance name with text indicating it was downgraded / removed, or drop a link to the hindrance then add a note to the hindrance name. Either way you'll have to manually remove it from the character sheet or change "major" to "minor".

Do Powers when added via New Powers work via the name string? Because the Savage Rifts Mega Powers all have (Rifts) in brackets after the main power name e.g. Bolt (Rifts) etc. If that is the case then no need for me to concern myself but if not can you make it so Mike? Thanks

It looks for powers inside curly braces separated by commas.
    Dragging the New Power edge onto the advances list then setting the text to
    Code:
    New Power {Bolt}, {Darksight (Rifts)}
    adds the New Power edge to the character then adds Bolt and Darksight (Rifts) to the powers tab.
    I figured parenthesis are used in names regularly, and curly braces would be less used than square brackets.

It looks for powers inside curly braces separated by commas.
    Dragging the New Power edge onto the advances list then setting the text to
    Code:
    New Power {Bolt}, {Darksight (Rifts)}
    adds the New Power edge to the character then adds Bolt and Darksight (Rifts) to the powers tab.
    I figured parenthesis are used in names regularly, and curly braces would be less used than square brackets.
    I have to test this out, was away from the computer when I posted this question. Thanks.

EDIT: Works perfectly!
    Last edited by Jiminimonka; November 6th, 2023 at 22:07.

I posted an update to this extension tonight, so it should be live tomorrow.

I added the "Feature:" prefix to the name.
    I added buttons to the taken advances section to move lines up and down. (you're welcome, Jiminimonka)
    I changed the move buttons from the red and green arrows to triangles like the ref manual uses. These work better with themes.
    I also made some underlying code changes to keep up with the numerous changes being made to CoreRPG.

Here's what the full advances tab looks like now.
    AdvancesTabFull.jpg

I posted an update to this extension tonight, so it should be live tomorrow.

I added the "Feature:" prefix to the name.
    I added buttons to the taken advances section to move lines up and down. (you're welcome, Jiminimonka)
    I changed the move buttons from the red and green arrows to triangles like the ref manual uses. These work better with themes.
    I also made some underlying code changes to keep up with the numerous changes being made to CoreRPG.

Here's what the full advances tab looks like now.
    AdvancesTabFull.jpg
    Thanks!!

The award xp and advance buttons on the party sheet are broken and throwing errors.
    This worked in test, so I was surprised to see it broken in release.
    I'm working on fixing that now. I'll have it fixed soon.

The fix is live. Version 1.42 displays the new button and xp field correctly.

Thread Information