DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last

In version 1.8:

There's now a setting to toggle on the XP section. It's hidden by default. My guess is that will be the most common selection.
    If you've been using this extension (thanks!) and use the xp option, you'll have to turn it on after updating. Don't worry, your xp will be there.

The advances list now has the add and edit buttons like all the other lists. (That took awhile to figure out.)

When adding an advance using the "Create Item" radial menu option, the advance number and rank are now auto-filled.

I learned during our game tonight that the xp toggle is a per-player option. I meant that to be a per-game option. I'll correct that and post an update soon.

In the mean time, you'll have to ask all the players to toggle it on if you use xp.

Version 1.9

I changed the XP section setting from a user setting to a GM setting. The GM may have to change it back to 'Show'.

I also reworked the UI a bit. I put light boxes around the sections so they stand out more, and changed the order of the sections from most frequently used on top to least referenced on bottom. This should mean less scrolling and more easily finding what you want.

Fantastic job with this Mike. Thanks for sharing this with the community. It will certainly be an extension I always use for my SW games
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Version 1.10 with exciting new features!

Sorry I threw these updates out so fast, but I made much better progress than I anticipated. I think the tweaks in this version are worth the hassle of updating the extension again so soon.

When the GM gives the characters an advance from the party sheet, a new advance will be added to all characters in the party.

The party sheet now has a new "Award XP" button with an xp number field. This will award xp to every character in the party. These are visible only when the "show the XP section" option is set to "show".

If the GM changes the "show xp option", the Advances section on the character sheet now changes immediately.

The xp section of the advancements tab has a new "next advance" field. This is used to calculate when an advance happens after awarding or changing xp.

When the GM awards xp, if it was enough to advance, the characters will automatically receive an advance. The "next advance at" number will also be incremented.

Set the next advance xp to 0 to turn off automatically advancing the character.

Awarded XP are announced in chat, just like advances are.

Changing a character's current xp will add an advance and increment the "next advance at" number.

I converted all the static text to string resources so it can be translated. The string resources are in extensions.xml.

That is really sweet - it basically has all functionality of the xp awards from the deluxe ruleset but you can manually adjust the number of xp needed between advances. This is great for me as I like to have higher xp thresholds for later ranks. Very cool

I have not played with this yet, but one thing I like to do with characters is plan out advancements. It does not always mean I take them as sometimes play dictates otherwise, but I like to know the direction (if I make a new PC, I tend to run them up to Legendary).

Given the direction, any chance of having a planning section for the advances?

Quote Originally Posted by amerigoV View Post
    I have not played with this yet, but one thing I like to do with characters is plan out advancements. It does not always mean I take them as sometimes play dictates otherwise, but I like to know the direction (if I make a new PC, I tend to run them up to Legendary).

Given the direction, any chance of having a planning section for the advances?
    I have a couple of players that do planning. They would probably like this too. Currently they add lines to the advances ahead of time. Now that it auto-advances, they'll need a separate section or will have to delete the auto-added lines.

What are your ideas? Put a planning section at the bottom? Would this make the section too long? Change it to tabs like inventory? If planning is just below the advances list, I might be able to add drag and drop from planning to advances. If they're not near each other I can add a move button. Or just do a move button for simplicity. I could add a setting that indicates instead of an advance adding a new line, it takes the top item from the planning list.

I'm thinking out loud, and I'm open to suggestions. This could be a nice feature if done well. Thanks for the idea!

Can someone please check for me if this extension works for the previous version of SW? I don't have FGC or SWEX, so I don't know if the previous version character sheets are compatible.

You'll have to change extension.xml, the <ruleset> element must be changed to SWD like so

Code:
    <ruleset>
    	<name>SWD</name>
    </ruleset>
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Mike Serfass; June 2nd, 2021 at 05:33.

The extension seems to work on swade classic but does not appear on the extensions list for deluxe

Thread Information