STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 8 First ... 45678 Last

@Galadur: I figured it out and have a fix. You hit a scenario I didn't test.
    Good job! You earned 1 xp!

I posted an update to Forge, so you should be all set for your next game.

Thanks for reporting it!

Here's the now deceased bug:
    If the "show planning section" option has never been toggled on, when dropping an edge (or anything) onto a character's advances list, you get an "attempt to index a nil value" error.

Here's the log : https://drive.google.com/file/d/125n...ew?usp=sharing
    Is it this you name the campain ? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r1H...ew?usp=sharing
    I have the latest version of the extension.
    All the tested characters give the same error.
    All tested edges cause the same issue.
    No benny spent to retry advancing.

Thanks Galadur. I looked through those files, and it verifies my fix.

Run a manual update of FGU to pull down the extension update. You have to run a manual update to get extension updates. It's version 1.31. Give that a try.

It works ! Great !
    Many thanks !

Hi, is it possible to have the advances planning show up for my players? Currently it only shows up for me, the GM, when I enable it in the options.

Quote Originally Posted by xTheCanadian View Post
    Hi, is it possible to have the advances planning show up for my players? Currently it only shows up for me, the GM, when I enable it in the options.
    The players need to go into their own options and turn it on for themselves.

Oooohhhh! Thanks bud!

I just posted version 1.40 to the Forge.

New in Version 1.40
    Powers are added to the Powers tab from the planned list. Put the power name inside curly braces, and separate multiple powers with commas.
    Code:
    {Burst},{Invisibility}
    will add Burst and Invisibility to your powers list, linked to your Arcane Background.

Combine power lists with Edges. Drop New Power on planned, then type the powers you want behind it.

For example:
    Code:
    New Power {Burst},{Invisibility}
    will add the New Power Edge and the Burst and Invisibility powers.

If you drop an Arcane Background to planned advances and change the text to
    Code:
    Arcane Background (Magic) {Burst}, {Invisibility}, {Deflection}
    will add the Arcane Background (Magic) Edge to the Main tab, the Arcane Background (Magic) to the Powers tab, and the Burst, Deflection, and Invisibility Powers to the Powers list.

Powers can be dropped on the planned advance. This creates a link to the power, and does not require the user of {} curly braces. Only one Power can be added on a line when doing this. (A future update will allow multiple powers per advance.)

A power can dropped on a blank line in the taken Advancements section. The Power will be added to the Powers tab. Currently only one Power can be dropped on an advancement. (Multiple Powers per line is a planned feature.)

Added buttons to toggle the display of Planned Advances and Starting sections.

Added a button to open the character advances forum page. The second post has basic help on using this extension.

Added buttons to planned advances to move lines up and down.

If you drop a Skill on a planned line, it will either add the Skill or increment it one die type. Don't add "+1d" or "=d4" to a linked Skill's name.

Upcoming Changes
    Multiple lines in planned and taken advances. This will allow you to add multiple Skills and Powers to a single advance, and to more easily link Powers to Edges like New Powers.
    Linked Gear. This will add the gear to the appropriate gear sub tab. This will be most useful for cyberware.

Also
    I made post 2 of this thread a basic "help" reference. That may be easier to find and use than the forge store page.
    I updated the store page with pretty much what's on post 2.
    Post 2
    Last edited by Mike Serfass; February 7th, 2023 at 03:38. Reason: formatting

So . . . this is the first item from the forge I've tried to add. It shows up in my Forge inventory. FG said I had an update, so I ran updates. But . . . I don't have the options under the settings. I'm sure this is a me problem, but I don't understand what I'm missing.

2023-02-15_8-46-24.png

Let's start at the very beginning.
    Did you enable the extension on the "Load Campaign" screen?
    load.jpg
    Last edited by Mike Serfass; February 15th, 2023 at 22:30.

Thread Information