FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 11 First 12345 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Minethulhu View Post
    With FGC players were able to move friendly NPCs (I did this extensively as a kludge workaround for wildshape before I started using tons of extensions). It seems this is no longer the case with FGU since my players can no longer move the tokens of anything aside form their PC. Does your extension fix this?

NOTE: I always play with tokens unlocked and a ton of extensions, so maybe I'm doing something wrong above.

A few enhancement requests (obviously your call, but it can't hurt asking):

Combat Tracker
    As a GM I much prefer doing my most things from the Combat Tracker. Giving an "assistant GM" access to more of the hidden combat tracker stuff would be nice. Especially the "Offense" section since I 100% prefer that as a GM vs. the NPC record sheet. Also nice would be the "Targets" icons (there's an extension called Player Targeting that does this for PCs in the combat tracker)

Bell on turn
    Some of my players zone out during combat but amazingly respond to the ding from Fantasy Grounds when it's their turn. It would be nice if this worked for NPCs that have an assigned player to control them.
    I know nothing about FGC - never used it never plan to - only FGU is relevant to me so can't answer that comparison. NPC's cannot be moved by players unless shared as I described - or given rights as Assistant GM. And no, you can never more more than your owned PC's unless you have that movement options set in FGU ("I think"). Check into it. It seems you are not familiar with FGU.

Given your questions here - have you ever used Assistant GM? Obviously the offense section is there for the player its just not called that - its the Assistant GM expanded page though more or less. As far as other people's extensions I don't use them. Nor do I plan on implementing more targeting options - if you have that extension and its compatible - have at it. The map targeting tools and combat tracker are plenty for me.

Bell on turn? That's an option in standard RAW FGU. I admit I've never tried it on an NPC or shared NPC as I don't run with it. Not sure if that option would work or not. But you should try it. Not something I really use.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Thanks. Just had questions that I didn't see answered here or in the video. Will be grabbing this now...

Quote Originally Posted by Minethulhu View Post
    Thanks. Just had questions that I didn't see answered here or in the video. Will be grabbing this now...
    As I state up front - videos are hopelessly out of date on all my extensions - you have to read the version updates to find out what things do now.

Hi Silent, Nice extension. I used it last Friday.

I was playing with it today and noticed a couple of things.
    (Note, I normally exclude all PC's from party vision except for a single metacharacter affectionately named "PV" so fog of war is realistic. By default all non-friendlies are excluded.)

When I drag an NPC/CT token to a PC Portrait they gain shared vision from that NPC, access to its sheet by double clicking on the map NPC token, and the ability to move the NPC.

I discovered that if I toggle the "grant NPC access" button for that PC, it clears that access away from that PC. This is great because I never knew a way to undo inadvertent NPC access by a PC.

I read from the text file:

"you can drop an individual NPC from CT onto portrait of player and give them full control of that NPC movement, targeting(Map or CT), and access to NPC sheet to control whatever you wish".

What did "targeting (Map of CT)" mean? For me the PC can select the NPC, but control clicking while the NPC is selected only targets for the PC, not for the NPC.

Is there any way for that NPC control to include adding the die icon in the CT so the PC can open the NPC/CT entry and control it using CT controls?
    (The NPC sheet can be clunking to use and takes up a lot of space.)

Thanks
    Web

Ah. I bet you meant dragging a save or damage to a target rather than selecting a target.

Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    Hi Silent, Nice extension. I used it last Friday.

I was playing with it today and noticed a couple of things.
    (Note, I normally exclude all PC's from party vision except for a single metacharacter affectionately named "PV" so fog of war is realistic. By default all non-friendlies are excluded.)

When I drag an NPC/CT token to a PC Portrait they gain shared vision from that NPC, access to its sheet by double clicking on the map NPC token, and the ability to move the NPC.

I discovered that if I toggle the "grant NPC access" button for that PC, it clears that access away from that PC. This is great because I never knew a way to undo inadvertent NPC access by a PC.

I read from the text file:

"you can drop an individual NPC from CT onto portrait of player and give them full control of that NPC movement, targeting(Map or CT), and access to NPC sheet to control whatever you wish".

What did "targeting (Map of CT)" mean? For me the PC can select the NPC, but control clicking while the NPC is selected only targets for the PC, not for the NPC.

Is there any way for that NPC control to include adding the die icon in the CT so the PC can open the NPC/CT entry and control it using CT controls?
    (The NPC sheet can be clunking to use and takes up a lot of space.)

Thanks
    Web
    If you log in as a player you should see the entire CT NPC set of powers just like you would on attack in your host CT - unless you set it invisible (as player side has that option). Yeah that clear button (not the grant button) is all powerful and if you read .txt file you'd see where I mention it will wipe out all shared NPC connections. Now I had to do some special recognition stuff in DB and code to make sure you did not lose an NPC you were given control of just because you were also granted Assistant GM powers - so you can gain control and lose control without you actually losing control of previous shared ones. But hit the clear and everything is gone.

Don't forget whatever DB record you share to a player by dropping it over the portrait - it will be shown as shared in the DB records list and you can unshare it there also. NPC's are just one of the DB records you can share in that manner. Normal FGU stuff.

When I drag an NPC onto a PC portrait, the Player can double click on the NPC map icon to pull up the NPC sheet and they can drag attacks and such from the NPC sheet onto another character in the CT.
    The Player does not see the NPC CT display that I as the GM sees. They cannot select targets for the NPC in the CT. They cannot see the NPC/CT list of attacks and spells. That was what I was hoping for.

They only way to get the full NPC/CT display is the select the Player in the Assistant GM selection window at the top of the CT and "Grant them NPC access" (to all visible NPCs). Then they can see all the NPC/CT features.

BTW, I would be thrilled to learn that I am just not pushing the correct buttons

Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    BTW, I would be thrilled to learn that I am just not pushing the correct buttons
    I’m not sure what your expecting here. If you share an NPC via the portrait your giving ownership but it’s the same rules as normal player side NPC except you can click anything in sheet like polymorphism buttons or map parcel inventories. You for sure can target but normal FGU rules apply - as in must be your turn if player. The attack like player abilities are ONLY if you use assistant GM capabilities per description.

One suggestion that I would offer is that the buttons "add", "Delete from CT" and "Frieds" growth the Combat Tracker about 40% horizontally.
    If they could be slid under the Group Name box immediately to their left it would make for a more compact Combat Tracker. (My screen space is somewhat limited).

Thread Information