FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 10 of 11 First ... 891011 Last
    V1.22 - Update - supported vehicle class as much as possible in the same manner as npc class.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

We noticed an odd thing last Friday with this extension. The assisting GM could operate the NPC properly in all respects except that the end-turn button on the bottom of the combat-tracker had no effect. Is there something special they need to do to end an NPC turn?

Quote Originally Posted by webdove View Post
    We noticed an odd thing last Friday with this extension. The assisting GM could operate the NPC properly in all respects except that the end-turn button on the bottom of the combat-tracker had no effect. Is there something special they need to do to end an NPC turn?
    No there shouldn't be. I'd try and see if you can duplicate it with no other extensions to rule out a conflict. I assume he ran with a dummy PC logged in and part of the combat tracker - or else more than end turn would might be affected as FGU is geared for clients to have a logged in PC. I admit I've never tried without logging in a PC in combat tracker (even a dummy one for the assistant GM running purely NPCs). All the demo's show that as required. If everything worked without that - well I'd be surprised for one - but who knows? Try it and see. Might surprise me and work without a logged in PC or not in the combat tracker. But I doubt it - as something has to have meaning for the combat tracker tools.

V1.23 - Bug - Assistant GM is allowing PC to get an NPC access control icon shown when it should not - fixed. Was not allowing PC sheet to be displayed from CT link - fixed. After an NPC was polymorphed it was stuck on assistant GM ownership even when cleared on host - fixed. Running a local client would have ownership detection issues - changed check to be with Session.UserName instead of User.getUserName() so the correct login user would be returned for comparison with owner when the client is running on same machine as host.

But in latest delivery that can blank the host link - will need to fix. You will see a broken link symbol on right of host CT entry.

V1.24 - Bug - V1.23 tied the CT player side to the host CT and accidental wiped the link data when not displayed. This causes the link to be broken on host - this fixes it so it won't kill the link anymore. If you suffered from that brief window V1.23 was live just delete and replace any CT entries that lost their link.

There are two bugs in Assistant GM currently I'm trying to figure out how to solve. One has evidently always been there - when I process a clients CT initial add of something the onInit functions for the buttons and things do not get the full PC data. The other is that the PC name will not be displayed after something is initially added into the CT only on the client. This is when the host adds something to CT (or something like Polymorphism adds something to CT). This is evidently caused by when I started supporting PC links in the client.

I have no solution for either of these yet. The work around for the first is if a PC looks like it has the Assistant GM icon on it (only NPCs should) just close and reopen the CT on the client. If the client's CT entry name is missing after you added something to the CT in the host (or something added it for you in code) then the name will remain blank until the client is shutdown and brought up.

I'll try and figure these out but as they are things happening down in FGU code someplace it may take a while to figure out where/how and then how to work around it.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; April 27th, 2023 at 21:39.

V1.25 - Bug - This was super weird - basically I fixed it by trial and error so when a PC is added into CT on host it will now have correct CT entry (no assistant GM icon) and will not blank the name. Voodoo fix. Not even going to explain what I did as I don't understand why it fixed it to start with.

See previous post for description of what was voodoo fixed.

V1.26 - Bug - add new callback for CombatRecordManager.getRecordTypePostAddCallback(" charsheet") to insure if someone defined this already I call theirs before I do my stuff. Prevent conflicts (maybe, as this is voodoo code now and if everyone setting these RecordType functions does not also do this type of thing my stuff will be stomped if the load order does not favor me - but at least now I won't be responsible for the stomping of anyone else).

A guess based on what someone told me was conflicting with dropping something in CT for 5E Advanced Effects extension.

Note to self:

Something in FGU changed in the last month so that:

Owned NPC cannot have end turn done by player that owns it (previously worked fine).
    Owned NPC that player executes a generic actions help operation says it has no target when it does (previously worked fine) - can't duplicate with local client.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; September 26th, 2023 at 04:56.

Thread Information