STAR TREK 2d20
Page 8 of 11 First ... 678910 ... Last
    V1.11 - Update - FGU update required changes to code.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Updated just in case for latest FGU delivery.

V1.12 - Update - Support for Sir Motte's theme.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    V1.12 - Update - Support for Sir Motte's theme.
    Awesome . Thanks a lot

I support ORC(L) and #opendnd!

Check out my Extensions and Materials for FGU!
    Dark Theme: Sir Motte's Magnificent Darkness - Hearth Edition.
    Custom GM Icon: Sir Motte's GM Icon Replacer.
    Midjourney Art: AI generated images for my campaign.

V1.13 - Update - FGU update required changes to code.

DMsG updated, Forge will be when Grim gets around to it.

Heads up been gone a few weeks and found that recent FGU updates have once again trashed my extensions. This one on client side can no longer display CT info as it will get both an index field "traits" is nil error and warnings about could not find templates for label_ct_actions and list_ct_actions in client_ct entry - likely I'll have to find this all out on my own but hopefully I can get some feedback that at least gives me a hint as to what is going on - otherwise its spending hours trying to parse the winmerge diffs from last ruleset and this one trying to figure out where/what/why the changes were made and how to get my stuff back to functioning.

I responded in Discord, where you posted your question. The changes aren't that complex, but objects have been moved for performance reasons.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I responded in Discord, where you posted your question. The changes aren't that complex, but objects have been moved for performance reasons.

Regards,
    JPG
    Will check thanks.

V1.14 - Update - FGU update required changes to code.

FGU update changes broke it. I have kludged it to a working state. Don't use it unless you get this update. In DMsG - will be in Forge when Grim gets around to it.

Something has changed somewhere in the last few months that causes Assistant GM to no longer release CT entries on client it has taken ownership of - I'll have to do a deep dive to figure out what is the issue now. Also in my large test case I use to test my stuff its also causing a huge slowdown that it did not used to suffer from due to to many token updates - I'll have to find that also though its less noticeable unless you have a ton of client controlled NPCs.

[Update] Appears the issue with not being able to unassign ownership is only when TokenHeight is active - somehow its reselecting the token and keeping the ownership that was just removed.

[Update] For now it appears the slow down is caused by the sheer number of shareable NPCs I have defined in the host CT in my mega test campaign, which it evidently wants to verify they are all the proper ownership when it first initializes the client CT (and its map if its up). For my test case this means I have to sit and watch the host spin for a few minutes to process the 2-300 CT entries and update their tokens (which is only way to get ownership set in a token from the DB entry that had ownership updated). After its updated though everything is fast as it should be. Just a real pain to initialize large cases - compounded by how many clients its got to do that for. So for now I'll have to think about it because it has to do these operations for the clients CT/map which are all local versions. When just a normal amount of shared NPCs then nobody will notice. I suspect over time FGU has added more smarts and its finally got slow enough I noticed it as more than an inconvenience. For now I'll let it sit as its rare anyone is going to have that many shareable NPCs. And if they do - go have everyone log in and get something to eat before they come back it should settle down by then.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; September 29th, 2022 at 01:51.

Thread Information