5E Storm Kings Thunder Playlist
  1. #1

    Extracting LOS strange problem

    Hello everyone,

    For the life of me I cannot figure out why the following problem is occurring. I created an adventure module in Classic. During this process I would add grids to the maps followed by adding the encounters, placing tokens in their places. After saving I would then take the campaign folder and copy it over to Unity creating an identical table for unity. I would go over the maps and add my line of sight definitions. Part of this process I ensure that LOS is enabled and that the Grid Snap feature is toggled.
    I was told that this should create XML files in the images folder but that doesn't happen. So I did some research and was told to use this extraction tool. I used the extraction tool, inputting the db.xml from the adventure campaign module and outputting it to the adventures images folder on classic. Starting back up in classic I then export the module. The module appears to be compatible with no errors. However when I move the module over to Unity and open it on a fresh table, all the LOS definitions are shifted as per the images below. What is going on and how can I fix this? This is the last thing I need to do for this module.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    ddavison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,270
    Blog Entries
    21
    What settings did you choose on the Extract tool for this?

  3. #3
    I clicked the "Extract LOS Data from db.xml or moduledb files" and left all options in the next window their default state. Then clicked the "Extract Occluder Data"

  4. #4
    ddavison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,270
    Blog Entries
    21
    Can you send the image and the moduledb or db.xml files you used to build it to [email protected] and ask them to forward it to me?

  5. #5
    Zacchaeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    16,386
    I suspect that your problem is that you copied over the campaign to Unity rather than just the exported module. Can you export the module from Classic and then copy the module into Unity and start a new campaign. Open the module in that campaign and then open the Images and map file and select one of the maps. Draw some LoS and then use the extractor tool to extract the LoS from the moduledb folder inside your Unity campaign and inject into the Classic/image folder in the campaign you created the module in. Export again from Classic and open the module in an other new Unity campaign to see if that fixes the issue.

    One other thought. What language setting do you have on your computer for number formats? there is a known issue where if you use period separated number formats instead of commas then the results from the extractor tool will be wonky (unless Doug already fixed that).
    If you need to contact customer support or if there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
FGCon2021

Log in

Log in