5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Show GM Rolls

Here's a suggestion someone made in the wish list that seems to be what you are suggesting:
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=135760

JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The GM rolls have ALWAYS been shown as shadows on the player clients, by design. This is true for FGU and FGC.
    You may not have seen it in FGC but you are incorrect. I can say with 100% certainty you could set an option in classic so the players could see the DM's dice rolling with numbers and dice color, settling on a particular number. Everyone would cheer or gasp as it teetered between 20 and 2. It was amazing and converted me from being a "roll behind the screen" DM to a "roll in the open" DM. To each their own, of course. Myself and about eleven others would very much like to see this feature available in FGU as we came to love it in FGC.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Burrito View Post
    You may not have seen it in FGC but you are incorrect. I can say with 100% certainty you could set an option in classic so the players could see the DM's dice rolling with numbers and dice color, settling on a particular number. Everyone would cheer or gasp as it teetered between 20 and 2. It was amazing and converted me from being a "roll behind the screen" DM to a "roll in the open" DM. To each their own, of course. Myself and about eleven others would very much like to see this feature available in FGU as we came to love it in FGC.

Cheers.
    We'll have to agree to disagree. Moon Wizard is the chief developer of Fantasy Grounds and has been for a long time so he knows what he is talking about. In the 7 years since I've used FG the DM rolls have always been shadows no matter what setting is used. The Show DM rolls option in both Classic and Unity shows the players a shadow dice and the result of that roll in chat. For example it will show that the DM rolled a 15 and that the bonus to the roll was 3 and the total was 18. With DM rolls off then all the players would see is that the total roll was 18. It would not show any actual dice nor the colour of those dice.

If you were using FG at the table top or if you were viewing the DM screen via a stream of some kind then you would see the DM dice rolls as actual dice etc. However used normally players will only see and have only ever seen shadow dice when the DM rolled. It may also be possible that if the DM controlled a player character in their game then other players would see the rolls for that character; but I can't test that so I can't say for sure.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information