5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Show GM Rolls

Show GM Rolls

So at the moment, players can see each others dice as they are rolled, is there a way to show the players the dice the GM rolls? I know you can show the GM's roll results but I'm talking specifically about the 3D dice, the GM's rolls are always shadow dice.

Quote Originally Posted by SoloJoke View Post
    So at the moment, players can see each others dice as they are rolled, is there a way to show the players the dice the GM rolls? I know you can show the GM's roll results but I'm talking specifically about the 3D dice, the GM's rolls are always shadow dice.
    You'd think that the Show GM Rolls option would show exactly that, but sadly it does not.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Yeah, I though it would, it shows the results, but it doesn't actually show the rolls unfortunately.

Ah I see - its shows the result but only a shadow of the dice to players...

It used to work like that on FGC, perhaps it still does. The shadow only dice only came with FGU, so maybe we could formally ask them to return it to the way it was?

I know there are a lot more important things but this is by far my number one most requested feature. Thought I would hate it in classic but the entire group loved seeing the dm's dice rolls and cheering or gasping as it teetered between 1 and 19. The fact they can't see the dm's dice comes up at least once a week now since we got so used to seeing it in classic. Everyone is sad for a moment and then we move on. Please, if there is any way to make it so there is a toggle to let the players see the dm's dice, make it happen! This is my vote to formally ask them to return it to the way it was.
    Last edited by Super Burrito; February 19th, 2021 at 07:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr0W View Post
    It used to work like that on FGC, perhaps it still does. The shadow only dice only came with FGU, so maybe we could formally ask them to return it to the way it was?
    Also in FGC you can never see the rolling DM dice, only shadows What first happened in FGU was that players couldn't see the rolling dice of other players as in FGC, but that got already changed

The option about showing GM rolls was always about the posted results in the chat

Is this on the list for future enhancements?

The GM rolls have ALWAYS been shown as shadows on the player clients, by design. This is true for FGU and FGC.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The GM rolls have ALWAYS been shown as shadows on the player clients, by design. This is true for FGU and FGC.

Regards,
    JPG

Working as designed and coded...I think the ask is the OPTION to allow those rolls to be seen openly...
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Thread Information