FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

The After - Feedback/Questions/Updates

This will be the "official" thread to discuss The After. Patch notes will be posted to this thread as well.

The After Setting:
    Player Guide
    GM Guide
    Adventures

Following the Kickstarter later this year, I plan to add the additional adventures.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Fantastic job, Kevin! The setting looks gorgeous (as gorgeous as a post apocalyptical adventure can look... hehe). I cannot wait to dive into this with my group of hearty adventures! Thank you!!!

FGU.jpg
    Ultimate License: Fantasy Grounds Unity
    Timezone: Eastern (GMT -4)
    Play Time: Prefer 6 p.m. Eastern, or later
    Playing and GM: Savage Worlds Adventure Edition / D&D 5e
    Discord: vripley#8567
    youtube.com/c/vaughnripley

Went to purchase but..........................$56!!! Looks good, but that's just a bit much.

Yeah, I thought it was steep too. I'm afraid they are pricing themselves out of selling many licenses. I got it anyway, because I simply love the setting. Full disclosure, I have an NPC in the game, Maverick Foster, who was made in my likeness and I wrote up the backstory. So, I feel compelled to keep supporting and playing the game...
    Ultimate License: Fantasy Grounds Unity
    Timezone: Eastern (GMT -4)
    Play Time: Prefer 6 p.m. Eastern, or later
    Playing and GM: Savage Worlds Adventure Edition / D&D 5e
    Discord: vripley#8567
    youtube.com/c/vaughnripley

The listed price of the PDF is $55.99 USD in DriveThruRPG, yet it is always cut to $21 USD. I think it is a shady ploy to get you to buy it because it looks like it is on sale. It might bite them in the tookus now seeing as how some people, like me, aren't buying the $56 FG module. I would really love running it, but I do have other settings that I can run.

Yeah I'm not buying it for FGs either at that price. I kickstarted it so I have the PDF so if I really want to run it I guess I'll have to enter the data myself. I was expecting it to be somewhere between $20 and $30 like most other modules

Unfortunately the price is decided by the Publisher, they wanted it the same cost as the PDF, now it has always been on "sale" at drivethru but the official price is the same as the module
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Quote Originally Posted by IceBear View Post
    Yeah I'm not buying it for FGs either at that price. I kickstarted it so I have the PDF so if I really want to run it I guess I'll have to enter the data myself. I was expecting it to be somewhere between $20 and $30 like most other modules
    Man, and I though Traveller was an expensive rule set. This was the new setting I was most looking forward to from those previewed in the JumpStarts with the SWADE Kickstarter and I backed this as well. While I’d love to get this, I’m in the same boat. I don’t know when or if I’ll run it, so I can’t justify the price just have it in my library of FG ready settings and I’m comfortable enough entering the new items/Edges/Hindrances/NPCs/Tables etc. that I could do that and just run from the pdf if/when the need arises. It won’t be as nice as the what Doswelk has done since I wouldn’t bother importing the entire pdf, but it’d have to do. Maybe if the Publisher agrees to let Smiteworks put it on sale sometime, I’ll reconsider.

My thoughts exactly. I always buy Doswelk's stuff as soon as it's available so I feel bad not supporting his hard work this time. Hopefully the price will drop later...I'm sure they'd make more money with this at a $25 price point

I feel bad as well. I went out of my way to support the product, but 55.99 is too expensive, essentially the same price as the hardcover premium book. It's unfortunate because I believe that releasing it on FG at a reasonable price would have generated a great deal of interest possibly acting as a spring board for future endeavors for the setting. I'm afraid this may result in lowered interest for upcoming kickstarters the developer might want to promote.

Thread Information