STAR TREK 2d20
Page 5 of 8 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodar View Post
    Why? Why did they make things like that? FantasyGrounds was so beautiful, now it looks like a handfull of BantaPodoo!
    I'm sure it is all part of a plan to move to a more modern layout in general, not to mention the added benefit of removing the barrier to entry for producing themes or for adding sidebar items as part of the normal course of ruleset development. Just like most new things, it will take a little while to get acclimated to. I'm already used to it (but I actually saw the changes early because I followed the change's progress in the Laboratory forum post). Give it time.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Not fond of the new Sidebar button look, Just paid for a theme because I liked the sidebar buttons, now.... waste of money on DM's Guild....wont bother spending any more money on extras.

I love it. Keep up all the great work! Dynamic lighting pleeeeeease ��

Quote Originally Posted by dogfisc View Post
    I like the new sidebar, especially as a GM. More screen real estate available now.
    You know you can remove the sidebar entirely right?
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

As pointed out elsewhere, this change is a backward step when accessibility is taken into account. Small buttons without colour is not the way forward. Resizing and colour should be considered.

I much prefer the new look.
    I remember not so long ago, everybody was complaining about the UI and how old-fashioned it looked with those gigantic waste-of-space buttons on the side.

Perhaps I'll phrase this as "in my opinion the new sidebar is leaps and bounds better than the old" because generalizing that a change will be welcomed by all is just as ridiculous as claiming the opposite.

And to repeat something you could find in multiple threads already: the sidebar was changed because it was a huge limitation when it came to quickly developing/editing rulesets. Nothing prevents you from using an extension that returns the buttons. Previously, since I found the buttons harder to use and far less accessible, I took the effort to find an extension that removed them and replaced them with text almost identical to the "new normal". I'm sure anyone on the other side of the fence can now do the same to flip them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodar View Post
    This looks like garbage.... I want the buttons back, too!
    The way forward? looks like Amiga500!
    All my players instead like the new buttons as they leave more space to the playing area.... so I suppose is a matter of taste.

Yeah I love it myself. The buttons got in the way and made things look funny if the theme doesn't have all the buttons, getting a mash-up between a theme and the normal buttons sucked.

Just bought FGU, I was looking forward to the Goblin buttons from the Pathfinder Core rules. Searched quite a bit to find this thread that explained why all the tutorials looked different than my theme.

Thread Information