Starfinder Playlist
Page 4 of 8 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Click the link I posted, it explains why.

FWIW I received positive feedback from my group on the new design of the sidebar buttons. Because some of the old icons were being re-used for multiple buttons, most of us were reading the text on the old buttons anyway. This new look is nice and clean.

I like the new sidebar, especially as a GM. More screen real estate available now.

I love it. Communication could have been better than just a one liner patch note, though.

It's an important step in the right direction.

OP is right in one regard. It looks flat and uninspiring now. In short: It's shite to look at.

But I totally get why Smiteworks went the direction it did. Try. Just TRY making a theme having to deal with all those buttons. It takes quite a long time! It is boring, repetitive... ugh.. it's the worst!

While I will say, that I feel that Smiteworks has been making one bad decision after another for a while, I am not going to bash them for this one. I totally get it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saru View Post
    I searched for one and found this https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...red-5e-Sidebar
    but it's only for 5e and I can't load it with PFRPG ruleset.

So I can't change it, I can't chose the old ones back, I am just forced to have those text based buttons instead of ones with nice text, image, frames, etc... ?
    Or you could learn to write your own extension based upon the one you linked. I'm sure if you approached it with a positive attitude and ask for help nicely when you need it, people would be willing to help you out.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Is there a way to control the colors of the buttons' text? Some systems have dark text on darkish background, and my crappy eyes find it hard to read.

Quote Originally Posted by coyote670 View Post
    Is there a way to control the colors of the buttons' text? Some systems have dark text on darkish background, and my crappy eyes find it hard to read.
    If it is an official theme, then you can report the theme and ruleset; Josh normally quickly fixes that

I do Not like commenting usually, but the new sidebar buttons are not optimal in helping newer players get acclimated to FG. I use to have a splash of color on the right to help with the explanation, i.e. Blue Banner to the right, green banner on right, this has slowed down 3 out of 4 of my games. If there is a way to add a splash of color to these very slim small buttons it would help especially when dealing with newer players to the game.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodar View Post
    The new buttons are crap! Give us a option to change it under the optionmenue and the Drops is sucked!
    I'm sure SmiteWorks appreciates your opinion. But I doubt the manner in which you express it is going to help you get anyone to help you get what you want.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information