STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by gbhenderson View Post
    No worries here. Our 2e game is done for the week, but I'm sure others are gonna have the same issue. I'm just glad someone was able to duplicate it besides my players.

One of my players did say he was getting something similar in the 5e CT this afternoon, but it wouldn't pull up an error log there either.
    It's an expected message that players should see if they try to target something when they don't have an active character, so that's not necessarily an indication of a problem.
    Last edited by Sterno; February 17th, 2021 at 20:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    If you can identify the fix, we can inject directly into 2E, and let Celestian know.

Regards,
    JPG

Edit: Deleted previous solution. Celestian was able to get into Discord and said to do this instead in manager_combat_adnd.lua:

Code:
    function getCombatantNodes_adnd()
      local aCTUnfilteredEntries = DB.getChildren("combattracker.list");
      aCTFilteredEntries = {};
      for _,node in pairs(aCTUnfilteredEntries) do
        local bCTVisible = (DB.getValue(node,"ct.visible",1) == 1);
        if bCTVisible then
          table.insert(aCTFilteredEntries,node);
        end
      end
      return aCTFilteredEntries;
    end
    Last edited by Sterno; February 17th, 2021 at 21:18.

Celestian's patch was pushed to Live as a hot fix.

Regards,
    JPG

Still can't see any npc's when logged in as player on second instance. I've checked my options multiple times to make sure everything is visible. Anybody else tested this yet since patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Celestian's patch was pushed to Live as a hot fix.
    Thanks! Just checked it out and it seems to be working like normal.

will double check settings
    again...

Quote Originally Posted by Grommit57 View Post
    Still can't see any npc's when logged in as player on second instance. I've checked my options multiple times to make sure everything is visible. Anybody else tested this yet since patch?
    Just checked it. They showed up in the CT and on the map for both my DM and player instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Grommit57 View Post
    will double check settings
    again...
    I was having visibility issues on the CT before the hot fix. NPCs that were set to visible were still hidden on the PC instance. I'd just double click the little hide button at the top of the CT to get them to show.

Blog Entries
    Installed the hotfix. Made an attack got the following (no attack result entered into chat either).

Capture.JPG

If I don't target something in the CT, I don't get the error until the roll gets dragged to the entity in the CT.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

That's not the ruleset's fault. That's my extension not working with the new 2E and CoreRPG code. I posted yesterday letting people know it was broken until I have time to go through everything and update it. Unload my extension for now. I should have it updated by Sunday.

Thread Information