DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Grommit57 View Post
    Just loaded up my ToEE campaign and can't duplicate your problem. Any more info? error messages or anything?
    If you don't have a player handy to help test it then try this. Load up a 2e campaign. Start a 2nd instance and join it as a player. On the DM side, start up an encounter. Go to the player instance and try to target an NPC. We can't target in the CT or with the map buttons. The DM can target for everyone, but even then the players couldn't perform any actions against their targets.

This is all done on store purchased 2e modules/ruleset with no extensions loaded. We tried it with players using my campaign. We tried it on campaigns my players are running. We tried clearing the CT and maps, and repopulating the encounter. We tried rebuilding encounters. Nothing worked.

You said in that there was a message in chat saying "[ERROR] Active PC not listed in combat tracker", have you tried clearing the players ownership of a character and then having them reclaim the character?

Yup. I even went so far as to do a fresh install while my player was loading up his campaign for testing.

As this appears to be related to the 2E ruleset I've moved this to the D&D Classic sub-forum so this can get visibility.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'm having difficulty replicating the issue. Can you setup a new test campaign and see if you can replicate it there as well?
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

I am able to reproduce this. For the others of you trying and saying you can't, this only happens when you're logged in as a player, not as a GM.

Looking at the code, I suspect this is because 2E uses a heavily modified combat tracker, and this check is being done in the CoreRPG code. I know Celestian is still without power and can't look at this right now, but I'll see if I can create an extension to fix it in the meantime.

If you can identify the fix, we can inject directly into 2E, and let Celestian know.

Regards,
    JPG

I tried to add even more rep to you Sterno, but it says I gotta spread the love around.

Thanks for taking the time to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by gbhenderson View Post
    I tried to add even more rep to you Sterno, but it says I gotta spread the love around.

Thanks for taking the time to look at it.
    Well, can't promise a fix yet anyway! I can tell that when it's a player logged in, getCombatantNodes() is returning an empty list, but I'm still working on figuring out why!

Edit: I've somehow fixed it (or rather, it's working for a player now) by adding debug statements to see what's happening, but not actually changing any code. Very confused. Hopefully a solution soon though.
    Last edited by Sterno; February 17th, 2021 at 20:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterno View Post
    Well, can't promise a fix yet anyway! I can tell that when it's a player logged in, getCombatantNodes() is returning an empty list, but I'm still working on figuring out why!
    No worries here. Our 2e game is done for the week, but I'm sure others are gonna have the same issue. I'm just glad someone was able to duplicate it besides my players.

One of my players did say he was getting something similar in the 5e CT this afternoon, but it wouldn't pull up an error log there either.

Thread Information