DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Hello!
    my first session with FGU is approaching, and I'm back with some more advanced questions:

1) In this thread, there is an extension for aura effects (btw, thanks kevininrussia for sharing ^^), but I can't get it to work... When I do right click on the map, there is an option "Unlock Tokens", so I suppose token lock is activated. I tried to put both
    "AURA: 10 friend; Aura of Awareness; SKILL: 1 perception" and
    "Aura; AURA: 10 friend; Aura of Awareness; SKILL: 1 perception"
    to no avail, even when moving the tokens in and out of reach... Should I do something to "validate" the effect?

2) In the 4E effects page, there is an entry with TRGT, what does it do?

3) Is it possible to have an effect be valid only for one specific target? If I have a token named "Brandis", if I do "IFT: Brandis; DMG: 4" to an ennemy, the bonus is applied regardless to target. The effect "an ally within 5 squares gains a +4 bonus to damage rolls against the target" is translated into "TRGT; DMG: 4" but it does not work too...

4) If there is an extension "4E Item Slot Field" , I suppose it means the enhancement bonuses from items are not automatically applied?

Thanks a lot!

1. This is where you lock the token for GM movement acceptance. GM has to move the token for Aura to work or use Token Lock and GM accepts the movement.

Also the AURA affects the caster so sometimes you need to add a negative number to negate the Aura on the caster.

2. I never noticed it to do anything. I always use the buttons for SELF or TRGT.

3. Brandis has to be an effect. In this example "Mire" is added to the target creature and "Mire the Mind; IFT: CUSTOM(Mire); Invisible" is added to all the players.

4. They are not automatically applied. You will have to do it manually. (edit) I should say bonus from an amulet isn't but Shield and Armor is.
    Last edited by kevininrussia; April 1st, 2021 at 22:59.

Thanks for your advice, I will keep in mind the possibility to use CUSTOM.

I still can't bring the auras to work though... :/
    I show my problem here (in a clean test environment without any other extensions, and with token lock activated):
    https://youtu.be/kEFmTVZEp90
    Is there something I do wrong? I don't think the fact that I use Linux could have an effect on extensions, right?
    Last edited by Facjad; April 5th, 2021 at 01:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Facjad View Post
    Thanks for your advice, I will keep in mind the possibility to use CUSTOM.

I still can't bring the auras to work though... :/
    I show my problem here (in a clean test environment without any other extensions, and with token lock activated):
    https://youtu.be/kEFmTVZEp90
    Is there something I do wrong? I don't think the fact that I use Linux could have an effect on extensions, right?
    Do you have a grid added to the map? Looks like you do but checking as its needed.

Also it wont add anything to the Skills tab. It will be added as an Effect on the Combat Tracker for each PC/NPC and also will see text of the effect in the Chat box. I dont see any effect added to the PC's as you move them so makes me think maybe there is not a grid defined.
    Last edited by kevininrussia; April 5th, 2021 at 02:16.

Ok, so it seems that the grid has to be set visible in order for the auras to work... I don't know if this is normal or if it is a bug, but I least, I know how to get them to work!
    Thanks again!
    Don't know if it is useful, but I show it here: https://youtu.be/0eceKIGj32A

Quote Originally Posted by Facjad View Post
    Ok, so it seems that the grid has to be set visible in order for the auras to work... I don't know if this is normal or if it is a bug, but I least, I know how to get them to work!
    Thanks again!
    Don't know if it is useful, but I show it here: https://youtu.be/0eceKIGj32A
    Turning the visibility eye off basically turns off the grid. If you want to adjust the visibility of the grid use the alpha slider in the grid color window.

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    Turning the visibility eye off basically turns off the grid. If you want to adjust the visibility of the grid use the alpha slider in the grid color window.
    Indeed, I found it strange at first, but I forgot about alpha color X)

I have now another problem though... :/ Does the "FACTION()" work in 4E?
    What I want to implement is the power Disruptive Words, which basically is an aura 5, in which enemies grant combat advantage. What I did is, as explained in the 5E thread:
    AURA: 5 foe; Disruptive Words; IF: FACTION(foe); GRANTCA
    But my bard is still affected by their own aura, granting combat advantage to all attacks...

Ok, it seems the problem may come from GRANTCA. Here, they say, for their extension: "For the previous point: invisible, CA and GRANTCA now also work with IFT (and so also with NIFT). This was not possible before, the (T) did not imply that (so an exception in the wiki), it was only targetable. This means that you can combine them with IFT as in IFT: CUSTOM(test); GRANTCA. (IFT: invisible; [...] etc. should have been possible already before)".
    This may be related...

EDIT: I read too fast, this is for IFT, and not IF...
    Last edited by Facjad; April 5th, 2021 at 20:43.

I'm not on computer with FG, but does this work?
    AURA: 5 foe; Disruptive Words; GRANTCA

No, it does the same as with the IF... :/

Thread Information