Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

b2 map crashing FGU

After today's update when i try and click the arrow in the upper right of the window to expand the map FGU crashes. I am using the b2 caves of chaos high res map. All was fine before today's update.

Blog Entries
    Extensions? Logs?

See the link in my signature for advice on what you can do to trouble shoot and the type of info that best helps us help you

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I don't see this happening in the default rulesets. As @LordEntrails mentioned, you can disable extensions to see if they are causing an issue, and also click the Compile Logs button in the console to provide the logs. (Open console using button in upper left of launch screen; or /console in the chat entry box once campaign is open.)

Regards,
    JPG

Hopefully this helps. Sorry im new.
    Ruleset(s): 2E, moster manual,players handbook and Dm guide loaded
    New Campaign:B2 keep on the borderlands
    Extension: Decal ad&d 2e - B2 keep on the borderlands
    Modules Loaded: Keep on the boderlands
    Operating System / Language Setting: Win 10
    Steps to Reproduce: Click arrow in top right corner of map.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I turned off the only extension that was on and un loaded the MM,PH and DMG and it still crashes. If i unlock the map it does not crash when i hit the arrow.

Make sure that you remove any CoreRPG or 2E subfolders from your FG data folder under rulesets; then run a new Check For Updates.

If still an issue, please post a picture of your rulesets directory from the FG data folder. (Open the data folder by hitting folder icon at top of launch screen.)

Regards,
    JPG

Removed both, updated and still crashes. Added the ruleset directory image i think.

Screenshot 2021-02-16 212947.png

Hmm, I'm not seeing any crash information in the logs; and I'm not seeing that issue when loading the B2 module and opening maps (including using the send to background and return from background options). Also, there was no change to the FGU client today; just the rulesets.

Did you open the FG data folder from the FGU launch screen? When you say high res map, is that part of the official module?

Might need some help brainstorming to figure out what is unique to your situation.

Regards,
    JPG

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...s-(extra-maps)

It worked fine until today's update. I have been using the map for a couple weeks. Yes I opened the folder from the launch screen.

Like I was saying, I can't recreate with my sample campaign here; so we'll need to find out what you are doing differently, or how your data is different.

Can you post a link to a zipped up copy of your campaign (using DropBox or Google Drive)? Then, also provide an exact step-by-step series of steps from when you start the campaign to when it crashes?

I'm hoping that by using the exact same data and following the exact same steps, that myself or someone else can recreate the issue.

Something else to try is to delete the CoreRPG.pak and 2E.pak files in the rulesets folder; and run a new Check For Updates to force them to update.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information