DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Single campaign, multiple parties extension

Does anyone know if there's an extension to help manage more than one party in a single FG "campaign"? I think it would be a matter of swapping out a set of PC sheets from the party sheet and the combat tracker, but not much more than that. I have a homebrew world with a lot of the same items, maps, and NPCs, but different parties, and something like this would be much more useful than duplicating all the campaign data.

No, there's nothing like that. You should export everything to a module which you can then open in a different campaign for different parties (assuming you mean that you are running the campaign for more than one party at the same time).

Removing players from the party sheet and CT will upset an awful lot of stuff.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    No, there's nothing like that. You should export everything to a module which you can then open in a different campaign for different parties (assuming you mean that you are running the campaign for more than one party at the same time).

Removing players from the party sheet and CT will upset an awful lot of stuff.
    Can you expand at all on the "awful lot of stuff" that would get upset? I know we'd lose token placement on maps and status effects in the CT, but what else? I haven't checked out the token APIs yet, but is it at all feasible for an extension to take a snapshot of the CT and party sheet and change it with a slash command or button press?

No there's nothing like that. Everything in the campaign is written to the same file; so when you remove a bunch of players and then add a new bunch then all of that is stored in the same place. Removing players from the CT will as you mention remove them from any maps as well as removing any existing effects etc. Removing them from the party sheet will have less impact as long as you have distributed all of the XP and inventory items before you do so. I just think that organisationally it''s too complicated to try to run more than one party through the same campaign - especially when it is so much easier just to export to a module and use that in a new campaign for another party.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks for the feedback!

Thread Information