Starfinder Playlist

Problem Images and maps not loading for players

Hi guys,

me and my group are playing "Descent into Avernus" on Fantasy Ground Unity;

I have the Ultimate license and my friends have the free license;
    We are all on the latest version
    As master I play on PC with WIN10, my players with PC with WIN 10 or MAC

since one months we have a problem..

When my players disconect from the campaign and rejoin for the next session they can't see maps or images anymore..

Instead of the maps a white grid appear and instead of the images red question marks appear..

As master I have no problem and I can see all correctly
    (With the same PC and license I can play with another group without any problem..)

My players have triyed to:

- unload and reload all the modules and rejoin the campaign
    - delete the "campaign.dat" file in the "cache" folder and rejoin to the campaign
    - to delete the campaign folder and rejoin to the campaign
    - to unistall and reinstall FGU

Always the same problem..

The only solution we found is to create, every time we play, a new campaign, importing each time our caracters and modules

Has anyone the same problem??

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance!

I'm having a very similar problem: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ng-for-players
    Alea iacta est

Can you provide the logs from both GM and the player affected when the issue happens? (immediately after) (Type /console, then press Compile Logs)

Also, make sure you are all updated to the latest version of FGU client.

Regards,
    JPG

I used to have this problem. The problem disappeared, but, this week reappeared. Two of my five players get the big red X whenever they try to see a map, forcing them to quit and then rejoin. Additionally, this applies to tokens as well. A third player could connect but could not see any of the characters (including his own) in the Characters tab and thus could not fully join. He could type in chat, but, nothing else.

I'm sorry, I forgot to copy the log file. My bad.

The red X appears if the file can not be loaded; which can happen if the file is not successfully transferred to the player machines. Most often, this is because something is blocking or limiting the transfer amounts. Since it's multiple players, but only partial, it seems like some sort of throttling or burst protection on the GM side.

This wiki article attempts to help walk users through possible things to check for networking issues:
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...roubleshooting

Regards,
    JPG

Similar issues here as well. 3 out of 4 players can’t see maps, or can see maps but no movement, or NPC token shows as a red question mark. Die rolls in chat disappear and targeting stops working. Players log out and back in and functionality may return but only for 10 minutes. Players have lost the ability upon re-login to access their character, and general lag issues have been experienced. Players use gaming PC’s and high speed internet. FGU is up to date, and modules properly loaded. FGC did not have this level of issues for me and my players. The number and frequency of dysfunction rips the party out of immersion and as a GM it has made the main point of conversation revolve around FGU glitches rather than the game. I realize the main explanation is that the issues lie outside FGU. However the truth of the matter is that these issues did not exist for me before, and other developers do not have this level of inconsistency. I will work with my players but the point is…we should not have to work as hard as we are to get your program to work: it should do so seamlessly on its own and out of the box (so to speak). With the competition coming I certainly hope you can engineer a suite that caters to the common denominator because someone else will if you do not. Best Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by FireBus View Post
    Similar issues here as well. 3 out of 4 players can’t see maps, or can see maps but no movement, or NPC token shows as a red question mark. Die rolls in chat disappear and targeting stops working. Players log out and back in and functionality may return but only for 10 minutes. Players have lost the ability upon re-login to access their character, and general lag issues have been experienced. Players use gaming PC’s and high speed internet. FGU is up to date, and modules properly loaded. FGC did not have this level of issues for me and my players. The number and frequency of dysfunction rips the party out of immersion and as a GM it has made the main point of conversation revolve around FGU glitches rather than the game. I realize the main explanation is that the issues lie outside FGU. However the truth of the matter is that these issues did not exist for me before, and other developers do not have this level of inconsistency. I will work with my players but the point is…we should not have to work as hard as we are to get your program to work: it should do so seamlessly on its own and out of the box (so to speak). With the competition coming I certainly hope you can engineer a suite that caters to the common denominator because someone else will if you do not. Best Regards.
    Please see post #3 above for information you can provide to help the devs look into your issue.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Same issue but its me as DM who cant see images- I have compiled the logs where do I send them?

OK sorted it now- I'm in Storm Kings Thunder and this thread, post 4 explains you can revert to previous version following 27th Sept update- phew

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post663687

Thread Information