DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: FGU locking up

the processor is i5 . . . I run my screens at 1920x1080. It is a desktop.

I am able to run a new campaign with virtually none of my extensions open without it freezing up, (DM Guide, Players handbook, MM, 1 Module) but now we get into the issue of how much can I open up, and why did I purchase the content to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitter1970 View Post
    the processor is i5 . . . I run my screens at 1920x1080. It is a desktop.

I am able to run a new campaign with virtually none of my extensions open without it freezing up, (DM Guide, Players handbook, MM, 1 Module) but now we get into the issue of how much can I open up, and why did I purchase the content to start with.
    This is all part of the troubleshooting process - working out what might be causing the hanging.

Can you describe a reproducible scenario? What steps you take, with which modules loaded, to create a freeze - and how long does the freeze last?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

opened up my campaign with almost all modules extensions on . . . 1. opened a character sheet, froze for 50 sec; 2. filling out notes, 4:40 later another freeze for 53 seconds . . . 3. 6 min later while filling out the characters inventory for 49 sec . . . 4. five minutes later filling out inventory on the same character sheet froze for 65 seconds . . . 5. opening up a module to read through 4 min later 67 seconds

during this time I had minimal screens up and I was not opening or using many features.

What video card are you using? The on-board Intel graphics cards were having a lot of problems a while ago. It could be something like that.

opened up my campaign with almost all modules extensions on . . . 1. opened a character sheet, froze for 50 sec; 2. filling out notes, 4:40 later another freeze for 53 seconds . . . 3. 6 min later while filling out the characters inventory for 49 sec . . . 4. five minutes later filling out inventory on the same character sheet froze for 65 seconds . . . 5. opening up a module to read through 4 min later 67 seconds
    Please provide the log files again for when this happens - and provide details of date and time when the freezes occur, so the exact place in the logs can be located.

Also, when this is happening, open Windows Task Manager and go to the performance tab. What is the processor usage, GPU usage, memory usage and disk usage during a freeze?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

my video card is an Intel UHD Graphics 630

Compiled logs, time stamps and task manager pics

3 times that it happened: 2:11p, 2:17p, 2:23p CST
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

3 times that it happened: 2:11p, 2:17p, 2:23p CST
    Thanks for providing this information.

To confirm/clarify:
    1) You instance of FGU was running with a loaded campaign for close to 48 hours before doing this test?
    2) How many monitors do you have connected?

Reading up on the graphics processor you have, it doesn't get good reviews when running "games". Some info here: https://www.techcenturion.com/intel-...%20new%20games.

As FGU uses the Unity game engine, it is definitely classed as a game. I'm not saying this is the issue, but I think it's definitely worth investigating. So, try these steps:

1) Have only one monitor connected at a max resolution of 1080p. See if this performs any better.
    2) I'd recommend not having FGU running for 48 hours straight. Certainly not when you're having issues like this.
    3) Try using the /vsync chat command. Some information on the settings here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post552968 Start at /vsync 4 and see if that makes any difference.

I think that is right, I opened up the campaign Friday evening when I was troubleshooting it. I have not been using it since then. I still have similar freezes for a newly started game
    I have 2 monitors connected, so I can run a zoom meeting along with FG during sessions.

The freezing issues do not seem to be tied to how long the session has been open since they are at similar frequencies. The problem started when I purchased additional material after last weeks gaming session. Prior to that the game would only freeze very infrequently, perhaps not at all during a session, or if so only once.

Thread Information