Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread: FGU locking up

Quote Originally Posted by Kitter1970 View Post
    The problem started when I purchased additional material after last weeks gaming session. Prior to that the game would only freeze very infrequently, perhaps not at all during a session, or if so only once.
    Then, unless the vsync settings help, you're going to have to load only the modules that you actually really *need*. For example, in the log files you sent you have 33 modules in total loaded, with modules for at least 6 adventures loaded. Adventure modules are very resource heavy - do you *really* need to have all of those loaded at once? Especially when it could cause your system to lock up?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Compiled logs, time stamps and task manager pics and new video card

So I have purchased a new graphics card . . . I am getting the same issue again. Although my graphics have much improved on my world of tanks game I still am getting freeze issues on FG. I point back again to the issue starting after I bough additional content from your store to utilize in my campaign. The graphics card is a nvidia GT 1030.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Have you tried the vsync setting I've mentioned?

Try starting up with none of the five adventure campaign modules you currently have loaded - do you see the issue then? If not, add one at a time - is there a specific one module that causes this, or is it a case of the issue occurs after 3, or 4, or 5? If it occurs with no adventure modules loaded at all, then step through other large modules you loaded - removing one at a time and try to identify if there's one specific module causing the issue, or if there's a threshold.

Also, for troubleshooting purposes, did you try with only one monitor as I mentioned earlier?
    Last edited by Trenloe; February 22nd, 2021 at 10:29.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yes I did try only 1 monitor, that did not work.

Can you provide a zipped up copy of your campaign folder via a file share link (such as DropBox or Google Drive)?
    Also, please let us know exactly which windows you have open when you are seeing issues?

Thanks,
    JPG

This sounds a lot like CPU processing happening. FGU tends to become unresponsive while processing, because it does not report back to Windows then. Next time you get a freeze check FGU in Task-Manager. You will see that it will occupy 1-2 cores to max (100% / no. of logical cores = CPU load of a single core).

At the same time you can also check your GPU load and it very likely won't show any FGU load at all while the screen goes gray. Here is an example of FGU loading the Pathfinder 2 Bestiary module (the 41% total GPU load is from a game running in the background and the GPU being down-clocked, FGU = 0%):

Now the problem is that you get these freezes while using character sheets, which points to at least one of your modules or extensions trying to interact with the sheet. Try loading one module after another to find out which one(s) may be responsible. Likely there is just a(n interaction) bug in said module(s) that may be fixed.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; February 25th, 2021 at 17:43.

Thread Information