5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 5 of 39 First ... 3456715 ... Last
    Thanks! Still throwing the error so no change there.

Bill Perry (SilentRuin) from Grimpress updated his Map Parcel Extension today with the ability to make dead NPCs drop Loot Parcel Tokens on death, that get filled with the NPCs inventory. Unfortunately this now is no longer compatible with your extension, probably because you both add inventories to npcs.

Is it really out of the question to split your extension into smaller bits? I'd really like to use the actions on items or the charges, but don't need the added inventory, as this is already handled by his extension.
    In the long term this approach would help with compatibility of your extension in general, as it is starting to touch on a lot of things already.
    Last edited by SirMotte; February 27th, 2021 at 21:39.

I support ORC(L) and #opendnd!

Check out my Extensions and Materials for FGU!
    Dark Theme: Sir Motte's Magnificent Darkness - Hearth Edition.
    Custom GM Icon: Sir Motte's GM Icon Replacer.
    Midjourney Art: AI generated images for my campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by SirMotte View Post
    Bill Perry (SilentRuin) from Grimpress updated his Map Parcel Extension today with the ability to make dead NPCs drop Loot Parcels Tokens on the map, that get filled with the NPCs inventory. Unfortunately this now is no longer compatible with your extension, probably because you both add inventories to npcs.

Is it really out of the question to split your extension into smaller bits? I'd really like to use the actions on items or the charges, but don't need the added inventory, as this is already handled by his extension.
    In the long term this approach would help with compatibility of your extension in general, as it is starting to touch on a lot of things already.
    Yeah I tried using this EXT but it's a huge mess when it effects so many things and it's like all over the place with what it is trying to do. I've seen this same issue either 5E Combat Enhancer. It was a great tool for a bit but it was doing so many things that you always came down to the choice of using it or other exts. After a while it just had to go, and I replaced it with other exts that did most of the functions. Then they split it up into 6 exts that all did a part of the whole and was able to use it again.

Having an ext that does to many things causes the issue of overlapping with some other ext and finding where the problem is when something is not working right.

Which is the case I have with this ext. I get an error and I end up not using this whole ext. So that makes me go back to the other exts I was using before to cover some of what this ext is doing and just missing out on some of the stuff this does that other exts don't do.

Bill Perry (SilentRuin) from Grimpress updated his Map Parcel Extension today with the ability to make dead NPCs drop Loot Parcels Tokens on the map, that get filled with the NPCs inventory. Unfortunately this now is no longer compatible with your extension, probably because you both add inventories to npcs.
    From the little I've tried they actually can work together, it just adds a second inventory tab, and they both share items.

Can't confirm this. The Kit'N'Kaboodle inventory vanished at some point and now, like I said with the recent update to Map Treasure Parcels, there is some kind of interference happening, that breaks the loot drops entirely.

Bill Perry (SilentRuin) from Grimpress updated his Map Parcel Extension today with the ability to make dead NPCs drop Loot Parcel Tokens on death, that get filled with the NPCs inventory. Unfortunately this now is no longer compatible with your extension, probably because you both add inventories to npcs.

To briefly expand on my motivation for not breaking it up, adding an inventory to NPCs is a pure side effect of my primary goal of letting NPCs use item powers. This creates a situation where there isn't a cutting line for two distinct extensions; one would have to depend on the other, which requires more effort to maintain. Perhaps in the future FG forge will offer a mechanism that reduces this complexity.

Quote Originally Posted by ScriedRaven View Post
    From the little I've tried they actually can work together, it just adds a second inventory tab, and they both share items.
    This was true until I implemented the specific request to prevent that from happening. Unfortunately, my changes to accommodate that request are incompatible with the latest update to Map Parcels.

I will take a look at an additional compatibility update. However, given my limited resources there is a chance that I may conclude that doubling the maintenance effort to keep up with both FG updates as well as 3rd party extension updates is not feasible.

While I very much so strive to have maximum compatibility with other extensions, there are situations where overlap creates too great of a conflict for me to shoulder alone.
    My Forge creations: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/crafter/9/view-profile
    My GitHub: https://github.com/MeAndUnique
    Buy me a coffee: https://ko-fi.com/meandunique
    Discord: MeAndUnique#6805

Like I said, I hadn't tested too much between the two. Looking into it more, I have Automatic Record Links, which kinda reconciles the two, but not completely.

Quote Originally Posted by MeAndUnique View Post
    To briefly expand on my motivation for not breaking it up, adding an inventory to NPCs is a pure side effect of my primary goal of letting NPCs use item powers. This creates a situation where there isn't a cutting line for two distinct extensions; one would have to depend on the other, which requires more effort to maintain. Perhaps in the future FG forge will offer a mechanism that reduces this complexity.

This was true until I implemented the specific request to prevent that from happening. Unfortunately, my changes to accommodate that request are incompatible with the latest update to Map Parcels.

I will take a look at an additional compatibility update. However, given my limited resources there is a chance that I may conclude that doubling the maintenance effort to keep up with both FG updates as well as 3rd party extension updates is not feasible.

While I very much so strive to have maximum compatibility with other extensions, there are situations where overlap creates too great of a conflict for me to shoulder alone.
    Understood. Although I'd greatly appreciate if you could try to make them compatible again, I absolutely know how exhausting maintaining stuff can get. Thanks for making this awesome extension!

Quote Originally Posted by MeAndUnique View Post
    Just pushed up version 0.4.1 to fix a bug with item power resolution. While I still haven't heard back from the developer of Ongoing Save Effects, there is a small chance that this bug fix addresses that conflict as well.
    I uncover another case where an error is being thrown. When I equip an item with an Advanced Effect (the extension of the same name) an error is thrown (see below). I have attached a screen shot. It seems to working otherwise.

[2/28/2021 7:01:41 AM] RULESET: Core RPG ruleset (v2021-02-01) for Fantasy Grounds
    Copyright 2021 Smiteworks USA, LLC
    [2/28/2021 7:01:41 AM] EXTENSION: Advanced Effects - 5E v4.8\rby Celestian, 2017-2020
    [2/28/2021 7:01:41 AM] EXTENSION: Roboto Font Extension v1.1
    [2/28/2021 7:01:41 AM] EXTENSION: Extension (5E - Kit'N'Kaboodle) loaded.
    [2/28/2021 7:01:41 AM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 18.255774
    [2/28/2021 7:01:58 AM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_effect.lua"]:579: attempt to concatenate a nil value
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    I uncover another case where an error is being thrown. When I equip an item with an Advanced Effect (the extension of the same name) an error is thrown (see below). I have attached a screen shot. It seems to working otherwise.

[2/28/2021 7:01:41 AM] RULESET: Core RPG ruleset (v2021-02-01) for Fantasy Grounds
    Copyright 2021 Smiteworks USA, LLC
    [2/28/2021 7:01:41 AM] EXTENSION: Advanced Effects - 5E v4.8\rby Celestian, 2017-2020
    [2/28/2021 7:01:41 AM] EXTENSION: Roboto Font Extension v1.1
    [2/28/2021 7:01:41 AM] EXTENSION: Extension (5E - Kit'N'Kaboodle) loaded.
    [2/28/2021 7:01:41 AM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 18.255774
    [2/28/2021 7:01:58 AM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_effect.lua"]:579: attempt to concatenate a nil value
    Thanks for finding this. Version 1.4.2 ought to resolve the issue.
    My Forge creations: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/crafter/9/view-profile
    My GitHub: https://github.com/MeAndUnique
    Buy me a coffee: https://ko-fi.com/meandunique
    Discord: MeAndUnique#6805

Thread Information