Starfinder Playlist
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    I am LOVING this tool. The one thing that is missing ATM with LoS is that none of the placeable object seem to block LoS or light and presumably arrows. easy to fix in FG though. Q1 2022 release and they are doing a great job listening to suggestions and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    I am LOVING this tool. The one thing that is missing ATM with LoS is that none of the placeable object seem to block LoS or light and presumably arrows. easy to fix in FG though. Q1 2022 release and they are doing a great job listening to suggestions and such.
    For that, you need to do some more line and LoS tweaking once you imported the map in FGU. Build a small square or a circle around that big crate and it will block LoS...
    My friend also discovered the usage of non-interractable windows as wall that do not block LoS. For example when at the top of a ledge or flight of stairs, you should be able to see beyond the balcony/borders without break in LoS.
    I know that has always been there in FGU, he's simply getting better at it!
    Hyrkali

This is pretty cool. The double walls on the 3D are not really functionally needed in FG Unity, except for secret doors maybe, and that is mainly because it adds more unnecessary data points. The top-down version map displayed is not bad though, but for larger 3D style maps, double lines are often redundant, but more eye appealing. They are not a bad thing, but just add more data and memory overhead sometimes. This makes the work a lot faster and easier though. If we learn to use the FGU built-in assets like the paintbrushes, one can covert the lines automatically into LoS lines. PNG files and such add a lot of overhead to our sessions. I am slowly trying to move away from 3rd party things and try to rely on FG Unity more. This new program is very cool though and I like and can appreciate the immersion! I do agree totally about the 'smaller' 3D maps statement. One thing that the 3-D render does is add the LoS lines a bit too close to the edge of the 3D walls, but other than that it looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing! Cool! I was curious about this program. It's good to have more options.

Laerun
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

At the moment it seems only export to Universal VTT works for LOS - made a map export to FGU and the image is done but the xml file doesnt do its thing.

Hmmm - works for me...

possibly a stupid question (sorry!!), but are you following the instructions line by line? I initially just brought it into the Image directory directly (bad pun) and used it from there. When you bring in the XML and the Image file into the Campaign Assets folder and THEN transfer just the image file to images, it works for me.

Other than that, sorry - no ideas!

Indeed. You need to add the image and the xml file (which must have the same name as the image) to the campiagnname/images folder and then open the preview of the image and add to campaign.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Indeed, I have imported many images with xml files and do this with Dungeon Draft and the Python script regularly. But its not working with Dungeon Alchemist. I also just found the map I spent ages working on is now gone... not saved where I saved it lol.

Early Access...

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    At the moment it seems only export to Universal VTT works for LOS - made a map export to FGU and the image is done but the xml file doesnt do its thing.
    Works for me, the example I posted used it. However I don't use the "universal" export, I used the Fantasy Grounds Unity export.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Works for me, the example I posted used it. However I don't use the "universal" export, I used the Fantasy Grounds Unity export.
    I tried the FGU export, no dice. So then I used the Universal VTT export and the script.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    I tried the FGU export, no dice. So then I used the Universal VTT export and the script.
    Tried it just now, and it works fine.

Are you sure you're following the instructions: https://www.dungeonalchemist.com/imp...antasy-grounds

What settings are you using during the export as well. Here's what I used:

Thread Information